DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

1st half of this Bulls/Pacers game is going pretty much like a dream. Defense is on point. Offense is clicking more than usual. Boozer just threw down an NBA Jam dunkeroo. Rose has four 3s. Just dreamy.

Dejuan Blair is fair and away the biggest steal in free agency this season.  Such a bargain for Dallas, on a minimum contract.  Dude is playing out of his mind.  Kinda crazy how having a coach that believes in you will improve your play.

Low key, Blake Griffin is putting up some nice offensive numbers so far.  It's early(!), but people give him a lot shit(myself included) for what he doesn't do.  He's averaging 22pts and almost 11 rebs right now.   His shooting percentage is up too.

Now about that defense...

Man I love blocked shots, and last night had some great ones, not just in Chicago(CAPTAIN KIRK BLOCK PARTY?!) but everywhere. Lebron batted one into the stands, Griffin stuffed a good one, and Anthony Davis batted down 9. 

Yeah, I have rarely seen Lebron block players straight up.  I would like to know the percentage of chase down blocks in his current all time block number.

Players are very aware of the chase down blocks now.  It's humourous to see players looking over their shoulder for Lebron on a fast break and try to anticipate it.  Kobe knew better and dunked it as soon as he felt Lebron's steps behind him in one game last year.  "You ain't getting me, motherfucker".

EDIT:

Bill Russell would complain about him blocking it out of bounds though.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

Dejuan Blair is fair and away the biggest steal in free agency this season.  Such a bargain for Dallas, on a minimum contract.  Dude is playing out of his mind.  Kinda crazy how having a coach that believes in you will improve your play.

Blair has always been a good player.  Teams are just reluctant to invest much in a player with no ACLs.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have rarely seen Lebron block players straight up.  I would like to know the percentage of chase down blocks in his current all time block number.

Players are very aware of the chase down blocks now.  It's humourous to see players looking over their shoulder for Lebron on a fast break and try to ancipate it.  Kobe knew better and dunked it as soon as he felt Lebron's steps behind him in one game last year.  "You ain't getting me, motherfucker".

EDIT:

That's the first thing I think of when I see exaggerated swats like that.

Blair has always been a good player.  Teams are just reluctant to invest much in a player with no ACLs.

Oh I agree, he's always had the talent.  It's just that Popp never really wanted to give him much of a chance.  If nothing else, this season is earning him alot more money next season.

Also, Rondo trade rumors popping back up today it looks like.

Players are very aware of the chase down blocks now.  It's humorous to see players looking over their shoulder for Lebron on a fast break and try to anticipate it.  Kobe knew better and dunked it as soon as he felt Lebron's steps behind him in one game last year.  "You ain't getting me, motherfucker".

EDIT:

And then throw off their own rhythm because they're worried about LeBron getting them, which causes a missed shot or turnover. Funny stuff.

Oh I agree, he's always had the talent.  It's just that Popp never really wanted to give him much of a chance.  If nothing else, this season is earning him alot more money next season.

Also, Rondo trade rumors popping back up today it looks like.

Blair's defense is one thing that keeps him from ever being a guy that a team will look at as a guy they want to lock down a starting job for 2-3 years.

And that's not really a Rondo trade rumor so much as it is a "Knicks are desperate idiots" rumor.

He is willing to play from what I hear.  It's definitely bad, though.  You have Parsons (who was the main guy behind recruiting Dwight) saying stuff like "I don't know what he is so upset about" to a bunch of reporters.

Well, he might be upset about leaving an actual contender because he wanted to start only to wind up in the same spot on a worse team.  Dwight's buddy dropping comments to the media isn't going to help.