DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

There are so many fun teams to watch this year. T'Wolves are one of them. I really hope they can keep everyone healthy.

As for the Celtics... another close defeat. They were up the whole game and pissed it away. Everyone calling for Rondo but listen..  why rush back to this team. Let him take his time. I really don't care if they decide to "sandbag".. draft is loaded.

This might be one of those "weird" years where we all look at the regular season in 20 years and try to figure out what the fuck happened. The Lakers aren't any good (sorry) and neither is Boston (sorry, again) and when those 2 teams suck it's usually bizarre. However, this year you have the added influence of what will most likely be excessive tanking, young teams on the rise, old teams on the way down, and a lot of lingering injuries, coaching changes, and off-season trades that could throw everything up in the air.

This is going to be a fun season.

Mike D'Antoni is a shitty coach and I think that's what will help us get an even higher lottery pick.  That's really the bright side of him being a shitty coach.  I'm not sure why he's insistent on playing Shawne Williams at starting PF and also, the bench unit works far more effectively with Jordan Hill at center than Kaman. He can't see this in his own fucking system?

This game was lost in that 2nd quarter when D'Antoni kept Kaman in the game and the guy rarely moved to get a rebound and the Spurs got multiple 2nd chances to get back in the game. Meanwhile, Jordan Hill who's two attributes are rebounding and energy is sitting way, way far away on the bench.

I said it when they dealt for Nash to a friend, Lakers should be worried that they're sign-and-trading for a point guard who's in his late 30s and spent a lot of his time on the Suns bench laying on the floor. Nash was still effective, but Phoenix usually had a good backup point guard behind him. That killed the Lakers last season when he broke his leg. Not having an effective backup until Blake came back and now, I don't think Nash can go anymore. Sad seeing Nash on the court right now.

Lakers should just try to gain the edge in tanking right now. Suns and Sixers are 2-0. LET'S DO THIS LAKERS!

Wolves have absolutely dominated OKC tonight. 100-78 with 1:24 left in the game.

The Wolves are going to be a lot of fun to watch until the inevitable Kevin Love and/or Ricky Rubio injury.

It would be nice for them to get back to the post-season, though. . .been a long dry spell.

I'm just dreading the inevitable injuries on the wing and Adelman being forced to play Shabazz. *shivers*

Glad that Williams showed he could be competent, but now the hard part is being consistent with it. If he can do that, then I'll be less worried about the 2nd unit, scoring-wise. It'd be nice to get Budinger back soon, too.

I'm not sure why he's insistent on playing Shawne Williams at starting PF and also, the bench unit works far more effectively with Jordan Hill at center than Kaman. He can't see this in his own fucking system?

Jordan Hill, before his injury last year, really seemed like the most energetic guy on the team, and he works really hard on the inside. Haven't seen him this year, but I cna't imagine why he's not getting more time other than the draft position strategy of "Keep the good players off the court." I'd love to have him coming off our bench.

Rox 2-0.  Another 28 rebounds for Asik and Howard.  Harden still showing that he's the best SG in the game.  Even Hack-a-Dwight didn't stop them.  Although something should be done about that.  Who wants to watch basketball where there's an intentional foul every other possession?  Of course, the powers that be have scheduled a back to back (from Houston to Utah, which hardly sounds fair).  Back to backs should be short flights, or, at the least, in the same time-zone. 

Anyone else thinking this delay of game rule sucks the biggest ass?

Yeah. Last night after Lebron made a clutch 3. Ray Allen actually grabbed the ball out of the net. And all the Nets players called for it cause it would have been a Tech, and a free throw. The refs actually didn't call it. Pretty bullshit, and could have totally cost the Nets the game. The rule is dumb. We made this rule to speed up the game, only problem it slows it down a lot. 

MCW is playing like a mad man. Spencer Hawes is draining clutch shots. Turner is performing great. This is glorious. 

See what happens when you hire a legitimate basketball coach from a franchise with a winning tradition. Doug Collins was like the epitome of the "coaching fraternity" guy who keeps getting jobs for decades despite the fact that he's a completely horrendous fucking joke as a coach who jerks his players around and demoralizes young guys instead of developing them.