DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

That's a fucking nightmare is what it is.

Everybody has been kinda joking about him, but Monta has 29 and counting tonight, and is shooting very efficiently.  Carlisle has gotten him to do away with the stupid 3's.  He's a perfect fit for Dallas.  Our defense sucks without Dalembert on the floor, though.

Man, if that's the best game Michael Carter-Williams ever plays in his NBA career, it's nothing to be ashamed of.  22-7-12-9 while leading his team to a big upset win over the defending champs...  God damn.

Well at least I got that Mavs video and the South Park episode! Ring-a-ding-ding-ding-dingadingding!

Nash sitting out back-to-backs is going to make this a LOOOOONG season...

I can't remember a worse foursome to start a Laker game than Blake-Meeks-Young-Williams. At least the Kwame-era had Kobe and Odom. Lakers could have it made to get a high lottery pick. All they have to do is have Pau out a few games. Tanking will just naturally happen with Nash likely missing 19 games if he's going to miss B2Bs and Kobe out probably until Christmas.

And y'all gave me grief for picking Asik for my fantasy team.   I'm curious to see if McHale plays them together against more up tempo teams, or teams that stretch the floor. 

I think the important thing is that there will be a dominant defensive center on the court for the full 48 minutes every night for the Rockets (barring both being in foul trouble, of course).

Per Marc Stein no extension deals for Utah's Gordon Hayward or Suns' Eric Bledsoe. They join Greg Monroe, Greivis Vasquez, Evan Turner, Ed Davis & Avery Bradley as Restricted Free Agents next summer. Utah says they'll match any offer on Hayward. Guessing the most likely guys who could leave their teams would be Vasquez, Turner and Davis, but RFA usually just end up staying.

Posted Image

Horrible game for Rose, but I just knew that last one was going in.  Wild stuff.

CP3 also added 5 steals to go along with the 42-15 line.  At one point in the 3rd quarter the Clippers did this:

I missed you, NBA.

• Like 1

That second dunk was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking ridiculous. And yeah, despite saying that I liked the season starting on Christmas, I'm glad the NBA is back. The last 3 or 4 years have been so much fun to watch.

Last night was such a great game. I can't stop thinking about how much fun the NBA is. There's few joys in life greater than a good West Coast TNT game and Kevin Harlan going nuts. Last night was special. I love it when Steph or Klay go off. And CP3 delivered a game for the ages, PLUS we had those 30 insane seconds of Lob City. Reggie Miller is also so friggin' bad it's almost enjoyable. "Steph Curry is getting into one of those zones." He said that after his eighth bomb of the night.

Philly went absolutely bonkers for THE UPSET. That could legit be the highlight of the season. And who cares? It was truly awesome. I was at a sports bar when the game was on watching the World Series with my wife, who is a huge Sox fan. I ended up watching the Sixers game and it was such a blast to see unfold.Michael Carter-Williams is already a cult figure here. Another good game will reach near Linsanity levels. I'm not kidding. Philly's pro teams are so god awful right now that we're grasping for straws.

There's also already a GREAT shirt already out there. He's taken on the monicker of MCW. There's a spoof of the old ECW barbed wire shirt that says MCW now. If I didn't spend a ton of money on college basketball tickets, I'd snatch that up.

• Like 1

Was expecting crappy but instead I'm gettin scrappy with this Sixers team. They are going to make teams work for sure. Especially with how much the minutes are being spread. Tony Wroten looks like he has some potential. 

• Like 1