DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

They'd have to get games that are on at the same time that they scheduled in advance, so they should have replaced it with the Golden State - Boston game. I wouldn't mind, I didn't watch the Laker game beyond the 1st quarter. Watched Negro Casas vs. Volador Jr., then I watched Netflix.

The Suns should be getting all that TV time, just sayin.

New Orleans should get some of it too.  Anthony Davis barring injury is going to be a top 5 guy in the league pretty soon.  He is about as good of a pick and roll big man as there is in the league right now and he is only getting better.

The Heat better hope LeBron continues to be indestructible, because they look incredibly average without him.  I know Wade and Chalmers didn't play last night, but their offense looks horrible when LeBron isn't out there keeping things flowing.

The Lakers should be ashamed of their performance last night, they weren't even trying.  I don't see it getting any better when Kobe comes back either, of all the all time great players, he may be the last I'd want on a team this untalented and flat out lazy.  He would have been horrible to have on a team like this at his peak, but after two pretty significant leg injuries he won't be able to carry them, nor will he be able to stand that they are crappy, lazy, and undisciplined.  They are going to be miserable to watch.

They'll actually be worse when Kobe and Nash (well IF he returns) return. Both can't play defense and Kobe was a turnover machine the 5-6 games he played. If you're a Laker fan you scratch off this season and wait for the lottery. Watch some college hoops right now! Also, learn to say all the top college players really fast with Dickie V type enthusiasm to yourself every time the Lakers lose....Root for the shitty East teams to get better.

So Rondo is coming back in February. Meanwhile, the league has caught up with the team. At this point I'd rather he just take the year off.

The league didn't catch up with the team, the fact that their best player is worse than anyone else's best player caught up with the team.  Bringing back Rondo would be downright stupid, they have no reason to try to win and without Rondo they have the worst collection of talent in the league. 

If the Cavs really wanted to make the playoffs they should have asked to include Thibs in the deal. Right now it looks like the Bulls will make the playoffs and the Cavs won't.

East is so bad that a mini win streak can change things in any given week.

I've officially switched back to Riggin for Wiggins.  Sorry, Jabari.

Not that it matters because Thibs doesn't give a fuck about our draft plans.  Zach Lowe had a great line about the Deng trade: " I’m picturing Thibs lying on the floor of his house in the fetal position, surrounded by VHS tapes of old game film, and muttering, “We have more than enough to win” over and over." 

It's funny, but I'm not so sure it's a joke

We should be finding words to rhyme with Embiid.

Tell me how to pronounce that and I will have no problem finding you words to rhyme with it.

It's pronounced M-Bead

My Cavs are even terrible at being terrible.  They want to make to make a run at the playoffs, except they have a team that visibly hates to play together.  Apparently they refuse to hear any trade requests with Dion Waiters, when he is clearly disgruntled.  Their best player seems to be really good, except somehow his talent never amounts to wins.  The whole franchise is basically a piss soaked mattress that is on fire, but instead of throwing it away and buying another one, they keep sleeping on it.