DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Two Woman Power Trip - 7/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

We could focus on Stephanie returning to cut out the legs of Sasha and Bayley (again)...  Or we could focus on Ali being back (and forgetting that whole The Truth Will Be Revealed angle).

What we won't talk about is Orton-Big Show getting almost 20 minutes, in the year of our Lord 2020... ?

Also, Sasha/Asuka, DQ rule waived for the title next week.

I thought Show’s promo was pretty good, at least. 

Personal highlight was one of the NXT guys yelling “eye for an eye!” when Drew said he got to pick the stip. 

Orton and Drew have both been well built this year and that should be good. As will whatever they do with all the women’s titles. Do they do something like put all four belts up for a ladder match or run a winners take all tag between Bayley/Sasha/KW at SS? Should be great either way.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Questionable booking aside,  I'm enjoying RAW in recent weeks.  I like this MVP stable with Shelton and Lashley, "The Hurt Business".  They need to rack up some W's but understandably Ali needed a win in his return also.  

Bayley vs. Kairi was pretty good.  Every night some combination of Bayley/Sasha/Asuka/Kairi are putting on good to great matches.  

Orton killing all these legends...  good stuff.  I'm hoping he challenges Drew at SummerSlam. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

Didn't really pay attention to Seth/Black.

Shelton getting added to the Hurt Business was nice. Ali's return was welcome though it feels slightly weird with them dropping the hacker angle. 

Was nice seeing Bianca get some interview time. Ruby/Peyton was decent enough. 

Profits getting some vengeance on Garza and Almas was nice to see.

Kairi/Bayley was good. Steph stepping in to make the Sasha/Asuka rematch was fine. The Shayna cutaway interview was neat. Feels obvious when Kairi finally leaves it will be because Shayna murders her to make a statement. 

I mostly skipped the Drew/Ziggler stuff though i caught the Eye for an eye shout from the audience so that was amusing.

Dug the Orton and Show promos though I skipped the actual match. I like both guys, but Show just hasn't been good in years.

That was quite the overrun, haven't seen something like that since the Monday Night Wars. 

Right before Steph showed up I was thinking "this is stupid they should just get JJ Dillon or Nick Bockwinkle or Stanley Blackburn or Gorilla Monsoon or Jack Tunney to come out and cut them off" and then there we go. 

48 minutes ago, gordi said:

Rollins vs Black "Arm for an Arm" match at SS. Rollins pulls Black's arm out of its socket, then barfs. Book it!

I was just thinking of the spot from a match back in like 84 when a still heel Geoge Steele was taking on some jobber and he put the guy in a lifting hammerlock and dislocated his right out of the socket. Apparently the guy was double jointed so he could pop it out at will.

I thought Black/Rollins was a really good match. The eye for and eye now I'd assume arm for an arm really are hampered by there being a no intentional blood policy. Like they could have done an unsanctioned match with Rey/Rollins and poor Rey gets left in a pool of blood. I mean i'm sure Rey knows how to do one of those five alarm blade jobs that seem to always happen in mask vs. mask matches in Mexico.  But yeah, same thing here. just have a blood match of some sort. I quit or something. At least then when Black goes to break Seth's arm, it won't be something like "the only way to win is to pull the other guys arm off". 

I love the idea of MVP, Shelton, and Bobby as a group. Lashley should still be feuding with Drew for the title. I'd much rather see that rematch than a potential Orton/Drew title feud.  Nice t see they realized "Hey, Shelton can be an effective heel". If it causes R-Truth to drop the comedy schitck and go a bit serious it might be fun stuff.

Please don't leave Kairi. We finally got a Kairi/Bayley match. I wish we could get that at Summerslam for the women's title. Bayley and Sasha really are carrying things. Figured Stephanie would do a typical WWE move and hold up the title. The least they could have done was made it a ladder match or something.

• Like 1

Liked the opener, it’s just that Rollins does nothing for me. Nothing. They either need to add disciples or move Murphy on.

i liked the six man stuff. I’m a big Ali fan, so that was fun.

If I draw the ire of the Boss stans again, so be it, but Sasha Banks is not a good promo. Even a little bit. The attitude and sass comes off so forced. Like, Vivica A. Fox in “Independence Day” forced. Bianca BelAir did Sasha better than Sasha ever has just a few minutes later. Which is a shame, because I’m enjoying the stuff w her and Bayley more than I thought I would. Asuka is so effortlessly entertaining.

Bianca BelAir has won me over. She’s the most finished product to come up from nXt in years. Love her.

Ruby Riott is such a unique presentation. They should be doing more with her. She might need a “heater.” Mercedes Martinez maybe. 

Fell asleep. Will check out the rest today.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

after Big Show was punted someone yelled out "NOW TAKE HIS EYE!" 

I’m pretty sure it was the same clown that yelled “an Eye for an Eye”. In which case he’s a worse troll than 95% of the actual paying fans at a pre pandemic Raw. 

4 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I’m pretty sure it was the same clown that yelled “an Eye for an Eye”. In which case he’s a worse troll than 95% of the actual paying fans at a pre pandemic Raw. 

I wonder if it's the same guy that while Candace and Mia had their street fight he yelled something like "Watch out for the cookies!"  It was kind of amusing that one time but then the same voice was saying other stuff that I quickly tuned out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I wonder if it's the same guy that while Candace and Mia had their street fight he yelled something like "Watch out for the cookies!"  It was kind of amusing that one time but then the same voice was saying other stuff that I quickly tuned out.

I think it was now that you mentioned that. That’s the only thing I remember them saying during that episode of NXT as like you I found them annoying.

• Like 1