DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

To clarify on that

Werpin's report is that it was registered to a "new private owner" in recent weeks which is why the conspiracy folks are out in full force (since the belief is the team bought it from a squatter)

BTW - in case folks don't know (and I can't remember if I mentioned it here) - the reason Wolves are off the table is because the Minnesota Timberwolves basically claimed every single version of "Wolves"

Normally - I would have called bullshit on the trademark excuse because you have enough money to pay squatters but since this is another franchise that isn't budging, I get it.

The twists and turns this story takes

And to Tarheel's point - Washington's basic defense is "They clearly didn't need help since they all were asking for selfies, etc..."

• Like 3

Aw fuck, I was hoping we'd be seeing Crimson and Gold COBRA Commander helmets worn by every drunken lout from Chevy Chase that drove to the game to show his son 'the culture.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regarding Boomer

The former NFL quarterback and host of WFAN’s “Boomer and Gio” may have possibly revealed Washington’s new name when he blurted out “the Admirals” during a discussion about the team's pending announcement next month.

“That’s what I believe,” Boomer said.

When he was asked if that is “Boomer reporting” he replied, “I’m reporting it’s the Admirals,” before taking a bit of a softer stance.

“No, I’m not breaking this story,” he said.

Later in the show, Boomer was asked if this was going to ruffle any feathers by spoiling the announcement, but again he was clear that he was not reporting it as fact just yet.

“We’ll wait and see,” he said. “We’ll see if I’m right.”

I mean it would really entertain me if someone from the Today show (which is were the announcement is being done) accidentally told someone who then told Boomer

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I was reading this morning a Washington admirals url took you to the offical website, fwiw.

A few of them do that but it doesn't mean much since some of the squatters self directed to the Washington site (I guess to be more appealing to the team in the quest for $$$)

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, hammerva said:

Richie Rich barely gives a fuck about his own fans given how shitty that field.   I am sure that message from the QB of a rival team went straight to the trash

He didn't give a fuck when the field was so shitty that it basically tore up RGIII's knee when they trotted him out there on 1 leg on a soggy ass field against Seattle in the 2012-13 playoffs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33158822/former-washington-employees-share-sexual-harassment-allegations-house-committee

Former Washington Football Team employees will share their allegations of sexual harassment and verbal abuse with members of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform on Feb. 3 in what is being called a "roundtable" discussion, the committee announced Thursday morning.

Former employees who plan to participate include Emily Applegate, the team's former marketing coordinator and ticket sales representative; Melanie Coburn, a former cheerleader and former director of marketing; Rachel Engleson, a former intern who rose to director of marketing and client relations; Ana Nunez, former coordinator of business development and client services; and Brad Baker, a former video production manager.

"Our clients look forward to sharing their experiences directly with the committee," Lisa Banks and Debra Katz, who represent 40 former Washington employees, said in a statement. "Critical questions need to be asked and answered to WFT's pervasive culture of sexual harassment and retaliation, and the NFL's decision to allow owner Daniel Snyder to consolidate his power and ownership interest rather than take appropriate disciplinary action against him."

Just now, RIPPA said:

It is being announced the day before on the Today Show

was that always the plan? In that case, shrewd of the House committee to do this the day after so Snyder can't try and dominate the news cycle ala M&Ms.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JLowe said:

was that always the plan? In that case, shrewd of the House committee to do this the day after so Snyder can't try and dominate the news cycle ala M&Ms.

Yes - they announced like a month ago that the name change was happening on 2/2/22

Add Joe Theismann to the list of people who have apparently spoiled the name reveal (It is Commanders by the way)

The Washington Football Team didn't do itself any favors, in the interest of keeping its new name under wraps, by announcing a month in advance when the new name would be announced.

With Wednesday morning's official name reveal only days off, a month of speculation has led to leaks upon leaks and possibly – maybe – even the team itself mistakenly blowing its own surprise.

And now, just two days out, we bring you these comments from Washington franchise legend Joe Theismann, who will be in attendance for the official name announcement at FedEx Field on Wednesday, speaking with some level of certainty about the new name.

"I think the Commanders is a name that is going to be hopefully one that people will talk about going forward," Theismann told The DA Show on CBS Sports Radio Monday morning.

"So you like the Commanders as the new team name, huh," show host Damon Amendolara followed up.

"Yeah," Theismann said. "There were so many different options, but once again, it's trademark infringement, it's getting approval from different people. If you choose a name, is there a group out there that isn't going to like it? I mean there's so many things that you have to consider. Commander, basically, it's Washington, D.C. A lot of commanders in Washington, D.C. in the Pentagon and a lot of different branches of the service. So to me, that's certainly the way I'm looking at it, as positions of leadership, when it comes to the new name."

Joe T is of course now back peddling saying he doesn't know anything

• Like 2

This was a very odd way for Washington to go about it, not that anyone is surprised they'd do something dumb. They knew that way too many people knew the new name for it not to leak, why not just announce it the same day they decided instead of allowing 491 people to say "it is Commanders!" and then have to backtrack it six hours later.

• Like 1