DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

The problem is going to be that all of those people have already been fired.  I think the most damaging thing that has been uncovered in all of this is the least talked about part.  Sharing topless photos of cheerleaders is most likely an actual crime.  I don't see any way possible that whoever that cheerleader was told them that they could share her nude pictures with the Hooters man and the ESPN guy.  Saying a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, and other shit will get you fired every day of the week, but none of the people they were talking about were directly harmed by this as far as I can see.  The cheerleader(s) who had nude pictures of them passed around to all their douchebag friends is a huge violation.  Tom Brady not handing over his phone to these assholes is the best play he ever made.

Not to mention Brady gave them the information off his phone, a lot of it actually leaked, he got permission to destroy the phone, and the entire Deflategate case was bullshit that people believed because the NFL either leaked incorrect numbers about the balls, or at least refused to correct the numbers when they came out.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gonzo said:
So much for the "this has been in the works for weeks" line.

This was pretty much what I was hinting at earlier

A lot of the former players are like "The fuck they had this planned. They told us it was just rededicating his road and nothing about a jersey retirement". 

But more importantly - they managed to do the one thing to piss off the fans that always defended them. (I mean some of the fan reaction is worrying but that is a conversation about fandom in general that is for another time and place)

• Like 3

As bad as this looks, this is probably #3 on the shitty things that happened.  Like doing the street name ceremony in front of a bunch of port a potties.  Or allowing I guess a relative of Patrick Mahomes do a fucking Tik Tok video dancing on top of the 21 logo THAT WAS ROPED OFF.   From reading about this more.  it is less about Mahomes being a douche bag (although he definitely was)  and more about Washington deciding to rope off a VIP section there.   

The level of professionalism on this team never ceases to amaze me

Edited by hammerva

Bag of Shit Roger Goddell was all "No we won't release the emails or a report. PROTECTING THE VICTIMS~!" (which the victims have called him out on)

And other bag of shit Woody Johnson was all about carrying the NFL's water NOT A FOOTBALL ISSUE~!

Well Today Mark Davis decided to be an agent of chaos

• Like 3

A lot of the things that have been known locally (basically about what a weird terrible person Daniel Snyder is) are starting to get replayed in the national media

So it is leading to things like

• Like 3

The "Mr. Snyder" story is funny.  I can't even imagine another adult saying that to me in any situation where they're not my boss and expecting me to comply.  I would almost certainly laugh at them and then call them by their first name again.  Like, serious, GTFOH with that.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The "Mr. Snyder" story is funny.  I can't even imagine another adult saying that to me in any situation where they're not my boss and expecting me to comply.  I would almost certainly laugh at them and then call them by their first name again.  Like, serious, GTFOH with that.

I can't imagine working anywhere my boss expected me to refer to him/her as Mr. or Ms.  Sorry, if I see someone every day, and we're both adult's their name is Steve or Jim, or whatever the fuck.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I can't imagine working anywhere my boss expected me to refer to him/her as Mr. or Ms.  Sorry, if I see someone every day, and we're both adult's their name is Steve or Jim, or whatever the fuck.  

I mean, I could sort of see it if the guy is 75 and I'm 30 or something but...yeah.  I still likely wouldn't do it but that was the only situation I could even fathom entertaining a request from another adult to say Mr/Ms.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I work as a teacher so I'm used to it, but in casual conversation? Agree with fuck that. . . . 

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I work as a teacher so I'm used to it, but in casual conversation? Agree with fuck that. . . . 

and again, there it's a level playing field, you're calling each other Mr out of habit.  It's not "you have to call me Mr. but I don't have to call you" like the company culture Mr. Dickhead wants over at the Washington Alleged Football Team headquarters

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I didn't even do it when I was teaching.  I mean, yeah, if I was referring to a teacher when talking to a student, it was Ms/Mr but talking to a colleague?  Even the principal?  First names all the way.  Or "Coach" if it was somebody I coached with.

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

I didn't even do it when I was teaching.  I mean, yeah, if I was referring to a teacher when talking to a student, it was Ms/Mr but talking to a colleague?  Even the principal?  First names all the way.  Or "Coach" if it was somebody I coached with.

Its a directive from the Principal down, as its more "professional." I did it before that, just because I haven't been around the other teachers enough to be comfortable enough to do first names. . . 

I took a Sports Management class when I was in college, and the professor worked for the Football Team at some point before he became a professor.  He told us a story about how some intern wore a tie that was neither burgundy or gold on a Sunday, and Mr. Snyder had someone bring him a pair of scissors so he could cut the guy's tie off, and then fire him.  He told us this story as if to say, "these are crazy people and you need to know that before going into this profession."  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Its a directive from the Principal down, as its more "professional." I did it before that, just because I haven't been around the other teachers enough to be comfortable enough to do first names. . . 

OK, yeah, I can get that.  It also avoids the awkwardness of using teacher first names in front of students by accident.  I could live with that.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I took a Sports Management class when I was in college, and the professor worked for the Football Team at some point before he became a professor.  He told us a story about how some intern wore a tie that was neither burgundy or gold on a Sunday, and Mr. Snyder had someone bring him a pair of scissors so he could cut the guy's tie off, and then fire him.  He told us this story as if to say, "these are crazy people and you need to know that before going into this profession."  

That's stupid.  I can see being mad at him wearing the wrong tie color but... no.

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Anyone coming at me with a pair of scissors to destroy my personal property is catching a headbutt.  Note to self, consider NFL internship...

Yeah, that ain't going to fly with me.  Definitely going to be a problem if somebody did that to me.  Especially when I was young enough to be an intern as I was quite the hothead in my younger days.

• Like 1