DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

I actually love the Redhogs name. It's creative, evocative and pays tribute to team history in a fun way... plus I get the giggles picturing the cheerleaders as a bunch of dudes in dresses and pig noses.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, elizium said:

Red Hogs is legitimately great and it is 100% not going to be that

Why Red Hogs and not just Hogs? I think Hogs is the perfect name since it ties into the team history. The remaining options all seem like names from a non-licensed video game.

Many of the fanbase want "Red" in the name so it is "similar" to the old name. Also so they can keep the stupid #HTTR

That being said - Red Wolves seems to be the most popular choice among the fans (who are willing to accept a new name)

4 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

I guess I'm one of the few who wants it to stay as WFT...

Well you and all the media folks who think this is all a dog and pony show by the club just to keep attention on themselves because they are just gonna keep WFT (Well I guess maybe switch to Club)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Translation: It was totally the real list, but since everybody's shitting on it we are going back to the drawing board.

No - in this case it was Tanya Snyder was totally unprepared and was asked a question by Schefter that he (Schefter) barely knew about too.

As per usual - they have WAY too many cooks in this process.

I mean at times it seems like they are personally interviewing every single fan to see what their preference is

• Like 1

I seem to have misplaced my pants. As a bigger tease, here is the full John Beck blurb

Former coach Mike Shanahan once said he would stand on a table to advocate for Beck. Players would not. During the 2011 lockout, Beck organized workouts.

Said former Washington tight end Chris Cooley: "What I remember is he called everyone and said, 'This is John Beck, your starting quarterback.' We all called each other and said, 'Is he the starting QB or just saying that?' I didn't hate the confidence."

But it didn't translate to games. His last two starts were disasters: He was sacked 10 times in a shutout loss against the Buffalo Bills because he wouldn't throw the ball.

"He panicked," Cooley said.

The next week he dumped the ball off to running back Roy Helu 14 times and averaged 5.4 yards per pass attempt. In those games, Beck posted Total QBRs of 11.3 and 25.8, respectively.

"He thought he was going to be the guy," former receiver Santana Moss said. "He sucked ass; I won't lie to you. I broke my hand and didn't play the [final two] games with him. Nothing better could have happened to me, because I didn't have to play with this guy. ... You talk all this stuff in the offseason and lay this egg."

Beck never played again but has transformed himself into a quarterback teacher, training players for the NFL.

Keim's take: I would have ranked him No. 30 based on the eye test and also with input from a number of ex-players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know we should expect a ton from this team but this is a new one

From JP Finley twitter

Breaking: Federal law enforcement conducted raid at Washington facility last week, team says head trainer Ryan Vermillion "placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing criminal investigation that is unrelated to the team." Reporting with @granthpaulsen & @JulieCareyNBC

• Haha 1

I know it's in three threads now, but this relates directly to the Team.  

Apparently the cheerleaders, who's pictures were being passed around by Jon Gruden and others, were forced into posing topless.  

That seems really, really bad. 

41 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I know it's in three threads now, but this relates directly to the Team.  

Apparently the cheerleaders, who's pictures were being passed around by Jon Gruden and others, were forced into posing topless.  

That seems really, really bad. 

Isn't that part of how the emails were uncovered to begin with, the NFL investigation into the hostile workplace at WFT?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

• Like 1

Yes - but the NFL already "punished" Dan Snyder for it

And remember the report about that was given all verbally - there is no written record of the report.

As everyone else is saying - the only people the NFL will protect to the death are the owners and that is because they really don't want exposed all the skeletons.

And yes - the attorney for the Cheerleaders is none too pleased at the moment

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I remember seeing that last year. Depending on the timing of Gruden's photo emails and the state laws, he could be in some legal trouble.

I can't believe there was no legal trouble when they were taking cheerleaders overseas and then taking their passports before asking them to do risqué photoshoots.  Any time you put someone a position where they don't have the ability to say no to something sexual in nature, you are in the wrong 100% of the time.  These people are despicable.  

• Like 8