DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hammerva said:

So Mr 1 1/2 sacks Chase Young decided this was the best time to tell people that the reason he didn't go to OTA was because he was making money for commercials with no regrets at all

Fuck that, the O in OTA is for optional.  If he wants to stay home and jerk off, that is well within his rights and it's bullshit to judge him for not going to work on his day off.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well someone feels the need to go scorched earth.  It is RG3 so I would say it is probably 50% true but it is Washington so even the most far fetched could be true.. Well get ready for endless talk on this

Say what you want about RGIII, but I've never heard him accused of being a liar. If I was to believe anyone involved with the team at the time,  he'd be the one I'd consider most trustworthy. The Shanahans, Snyder, and Bruce Allen are all worthy of much more skepticism than RGIII. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He had to clarify that because almost immediately the question was "if you knew about all these sexual harassment issues why didn't you say anything".   Although to be fair putting your head in the sand concerning sexual misconduct is like the first thing they look for in a job resume for that team

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

He had to clarify that because almost immediately the question was "if you knew about all these sexual harassment issues why didn't you say anything".   Although to be fair putting your head in the sand concerning sexual misconduct is like the first thing they look for in a job resume for that team

I mean, he did go to Baylor.  I thought that was stamped on your degree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I mean, he did go to Baylor.  I thought that was stamped on your degree. 

It's right next to the note certifying that you did not dance at any point during your time there, and there a upstanding, moral person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Robert C said:

It's right next to the note certifying that you did not dance at any point during your time there, and there a upstanding, moral person.

I say this as the son of a minister,  but I don't think we should take morality advice from religious institutions.  I say this as a black person,  if you have a moral objection to dancing in any context,  I'm just going to assume you're racist. Neither of this general rules has ever steered me wrong. 

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well on February 2nd we will finally have a name to the team.  According to Jason Wright it won't be the Wolves or Red Wolves.

I am a little surprised the NFL would let them announce it then considering they usually don't want anything overshadowing the playoffs/Super Bowl

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

https://youtu.be/77RCW9PW1Dw

That is the video with teases of the new uniform and paid team employee Doug Williams trying to act unbias

(Video wont embed because Washington blocked it from being so)

I like that at 6:15 they say they're announcing the release date "without further ado" and follow with 50 seconds of recycled ado they'd already shown. ? 

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea why you'd lie about something that could be so easily debunked.  The people involved in the accident are speaking up because WFT's official statement claimed the team checked out the people involved for injuries.

Then again, I have no idea why you wouldn't make sure the people involved got checked out by a doctor, if only to document injuries for yourself in the likely event of a lawsuit.  

I also have never understood why Snyder has been so reluctant to change the name, then drug his feet on picking a new name.  Everything I've read indicates that there will be at least a short-term spike in merchandise sales. coupled with a more favorable impression of the team among the general public.  There aren't many obvious downsides, and any long-term traditionalists you were going to alienate were probably lost when you started calling yourself Washington Football Team.  Just an odd pr hill to die on.

At this point, we should probably stop calling WFT a dumpster fire.  It's insulting to actual dumpster fires who have their act together far more than this front office.

• Like 1