DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

23 hours ago, Tabe said:

it really would've been more apt for them to have been the Washington Team of Football

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dogwelder said:

I hadn't heard about it at all until this morning and I haven't seen or heard it really mentioned.

I think it originally hit Saturday before the game so the combo of the QB change, loss and Christmas made it take a back burner until yesterday

As most have pointed out - the lawsuit itself is stupid but it is another example of the "legends" of the team wanting no part of the current situation

On 1/1/2023 at 4:35 PM, hammerva said:

Hey not everything today is bad because this week was the debut of this piece of work.  Ladies and Gentleman Major Tuddy

EDIT:  My bad he is a Major not a Mayor 🙂

I trust him more than I trust Muriel Bowser.

• 1 month later...

As fitting with this team - the sale is just as fucked up as everything else

Half the reports are saying that Dan Snyder is refusing to sell to Jeff Bezos because Bezos owns the Washington Post and the Post said mean things about Snyder.

These same reports say that Snyder refuses to sell the team for less than $7 billion (which means he isn't selling because Bezos is the only one who can meet that price).

Meanwhile - it has come out today that Tilman Fertitta - billionaire owner of the Houston Rockets - is making a bid for the team.

So the known folks bidding are Fertitta, Bezos and Josh Harris (owner of the Sixers and Devils)

The whole not selling to Bezos thing is totally something Snyder would do but the NFL really really wants Bezos to be an owner so I wouldn't be surprised if Mary Jo White's investigation magically finishes up and isn't kind to Snyder

• Like 3

Just now, dogwelder said:

Maybe Saudi Arabia will buy the Commanders if they don't buy WWE

It's funny you say that because the comment about Manchester United got me thinking about how long it is gonna before a Saudi group tries to get a NFL team

Will be interesting to see how quickly that deal gets approved by the other owners

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Aren't there rules in NFL about foreign owners? Sure, they can get around it, but I recall it being a thing once. 

I had to Google since I forgot but what it is is that the NFL doesn't allow corporations to own teams so the individuals would have to present tax returns.

Now I am sure there are ways around that (or the NFL will just change their rules) 

For example - the Packers are allowed to be Green Bay Packers Inc because they were a public owned corporation before the rule was put in place

• Like 1

Here is the Washington Post confirming what a sack of shit Snyder is

Summary

• Before Snyder sells - he wants to the league to protect him from having to pay for any future legal liability and costs
  • He is threatening to sue if the demands aren't met
  • Wants the Mary Jo White investigation results kept confidential
  • The article confirms that Snyder is "shutting out" Jeff Bezos from bidding out of spite due to him owning the Wash Post

The long and the short of it is that the league is using Jerry Jones to basically broker a deal with Snyder to just get him to accept Bezos' deal. However, Goodell is "furious", the league is very prepared to fight Snyder in court and a vote to oust Snyder could be coming sooner rather than later

• Like 1

Yeah - honestly - that ESPN report is worse for Goodell and the NFL than it is for Snyder

Since it is basically proof that the NFL rubber stamped it and then protected Snyder (again)

• Like 2