DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

The other funny thing was tha the winning was only 14K.  For an NFL opening week that seems horrible.  Either the attendance was that bad or Commander fans are cheap as hell

Opening night for the Red Wings, the 50/50 was over $27k.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Little Caesar's Arena has a seating capacity of 19,515 for hockey.

FedEx Field seats 82,000.

The Hatter Blues 50/50 drawing at the 2021 UCL final went over $1000. In a bar.

This is a nit pick but FedEx Field doesn't have a 82,000 capacity... at least not anymore

They have been ripping seats out for awhile now. Capacity is down to 63,000 for Commanders games (that is from the team itself)

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is a nit pick but FedEx Field doesn't have a 82,000 capacity... at least not anymore

They have been ripping seats out for awhile now. Capacity is down to 63,000 for Commanders games (that is from the team itself)

Remember back when Washington had like a ten year waitlist or some nonsense just to get seats? Those days are long gone.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The team confirmed the story... HOWEVER... teams do this frequently to see what might be out there in terms of $$$

So don't get your hopes up... yet

EDIT - also the story goes "IT COULD BE JUST FOR A MINORITY STAKE~!"

Sources: U.S. attorney's office investigating Commanders over alleged financial improprieties

The U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia has opened a criminal investigation into allegations that the Washington Commanders engaged in financial improprieties, two sources familiar with the matter confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

The sources said prosecutors are focused on several areas, and that the inquiry was triggered by a letter the House Committee on Oversight and Reform sent to the Federal Trade Commission and several attorneys general in April that alleged deceptive business practices. Attorneys general in Virginia and Washington, D.C., also are investigating allegations of financial impropriety.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Allen was promised the team after not getting the Broncos

The NFL would love the angle of the first black majority owner purchasing the team in Washington

Now - that is with the caveat of if Jeff Bezos not being interested (since I think unofficially has right of first refusal - especially with Leonsis out of the running)

On 11/3/2022 at 8:25 AM, RIPPA said:

It is baffling to me how many local fans think a new owner is going to change back to the old team name

It is kind of baffling to me that people think Jeff Bezos is a better option than Richie Rich.  I mean I get it given the last 20 years but it sure does feel like a "be careful what you wish for"

• Like 2