DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

Raheem Sterling is flying back to England after his house was the target of an armored robbery/home invasion

Apparently - while his girlfriend and kids are in Qatar - his mother is in London

Reportedly, Sterling might return to the World Cup depending on how much farther England makes it and how quickly everything back home resolves itself

42 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The way I heard it, I thought the kids were in the house.

‘surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

It might be both - the ESPN story says "two of his children". I don't know how many kids he has in total

Another coach tired of having to deal with Cristiano Ronaldo

Portugal coach Fernando Santos blasted Cristiano Ronaldo's reaction to being substituted in Friday's World Cup game against South Korea and refused to confirm whether the striker will play against Switzerland on Tuesday.

Ronaldo looked visibly frustrated when he was replaced in the 65th minute of the 2-1 defeat, with cameras catching the 37-year-old appearing to say, "He's in a rush to sub me."

Ronaldo was then involved in a verbal altercation with South Korea player Cho Gue-Sung as he left the field, and it was only after the game that Santos realised how Ronaldo had reacted to his substitution.

"Let's split this answer in two," said Santos when asked about video footage appearing to show Ronaldo criticising the decision to substitute him.

"Right after the match, I spoke in the flash interview, and then went to the press conference, and there I said something I'll repeat here: on the pitch, I didn't hear anything. I was too far, and this is why I only saw him arguing with a South Korean player, and nothing else.

"Have I already watched the footage? Yes. I didn't like it. Didn't like it at all. From there, it's things you sort out internally. It was sorted out this way, and now we think about the game tomorrow. Everyone is focused on the game."

Despite holding clear-the-air talks with Ronaldo, Santos refused to confirm whether he would be named in the team for the round-of-16 tie with Switzerland at Lusail Stadium -- potentially his last game at a World Cup.

"I only tell the team who will play in the dressing room," Santos said.

"When we're in the stadium, they find out about the team. And they know that. It's been like this since I arrived. I will start the team that I think should play. It's what I've been doing my entire life. I'm OK with myself, have no problem. I stay with my conscience.

"Maybe after the match I reflect on it that I might have taken a different decision. But it's been like this since I arrived in 2014.

• Like 1

Now THAT is motherfucking Brazil. What a fucking goal. 

Dear TV people, can we not just have Jon Champion and Ally McCoist commentate on every match? They sound like they actually enjoy being there, the likes of Jenas, Murphy and Dixon sound like they're commentating on a war crimes trial. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Dear TV people, can we not just have Jon Champion and Ally McCoist commentate on every match? They sound like they actually enjoy being there, the likes of Jenas, Murphy and Dixon sound like they're commentating on a war crimes trial. 

I'd rather listen to most of the 5 Live  comms, except Sutton. I'd listen to Pat Nevin do a game where I don't have a rooting interest. 

They are the first American broadcasters I've heard who appear to genuinely enjoy what they're watching.  Stuff like that is why I will only watch Telemundo when it comes to the WC.   

McCoist getting more and more exacerbated by South Korea's defending to the point he could barely form words combined with his absolute joy at some of Brazil's attacking has been so fucking good. 

Now Roy Keane just said he's never seen so much dancing in his life and it's just like watching Strictly. 

Tremendous entertainment to be had all round. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

They are the first American broadcasters I've heard who appear to genuinely enjoy what they're watching.  Stuff like that is why I will only watch Telemundo when it comes to the WC.   

Since I have Peacock, I've been watching the games on the Spanish feed instead of Fox. . 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Add John Hartson to Jenas/Murphy/Dixon. I'd rather listen to those three than fucking Hartson.