DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know how the second half is gonna go, but Argentina kicking the living fuck out of FRANCE was certainly not on my bingo card

I’m not even that surprised by the 2-0 halftime score, but I am surprised at how thoroughly Argentina dominated the half.

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

The penalty looked very soft, possibly a dive, but there's no doubt about the second goal.

I switched off after that penalty because I thought given the combination of French play until than and this penalty gift there was no chance that Argentina was NOT going to win that game and the game probably getting pretty boring. I guess I wrong.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

3-2 Argentina in ET. Messi and Mbappe tied on the Golden Boot.

Make that 3-3. Mbappe becomes only the second player to score a hat-trick in the World Cup Final after Sir Geoff Hurst for England vs. West Germany in 1966. Mbappe now leads the Golden Boot on 8.

I had watched less than an hour of the World Cup until I sat down about 10 seconds before Mbappe made his second goal, and I feel like I got all the World Cup I could possibly want.  That was as riveting of a game as I've watched in any sport this year.  It's great that Messi got his elusive World Cup, but I have to say Mbappe is scary good.  I honestly thought he was going to score every time he got the ball.  The last time I remember an athlete making my heart race like he did is when they used to cut into every sporting event when Barry Bonds was getting close to the Home Run record.  He didn't hit a home run every time it happened, but it felt like he was going to hit a home run every time it happened.  He almost won back to back World Cups as a 23 year old.  He's the past, the present, and the future at the same damn time.  This felt like the rare changing of the guard where the veteran solidifies his spot in history, but the young guy shows that the sport is in good hands.  That was an incredible sporting event.

• Like 4