DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Robert s said:

How did this referee get assigned to this match? He feels like a fish out of water, has no control at all over the game.

I have no idea what you're talking abo...

I just listened to a podcast with him describing the incident he had in Qatar, and it really made me feel like these were the pettiest people on earth.  I honestly hope this was just one of those things where someone who seemed healthy just suddenly died, but based on his description of the situation in Qatar, I don't think I'll ever feel good about the situation no matter what comes out.  I feel terrible for his family, because they'll spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened.  They'll have to hear everybody's shitty guesses, theories and flat out lies and wonder if any of it has any merit.  As someone who isn't a soccer fan, but has followed the story of this World Cup and how corrupt the entire process has been, I became a fan of Grant Wahl's work.  This is a terrible loss to the entire profession of sports journalism.  He was legitimately great at his job, and he's gone way too soon.  

• Like 4

So I'm watching Batman Returns (1992) at the cinema tonight at 5pm. It's one of the only Batman films I've never seen there but will get to for the 30th Anniversary re-release. You know it won't start on time. England vs. France in the WC QF kick-off at 7:00pm. Hoping to be out for 7:15pm to find a pub and have a pint or wait till I'll get home.