DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

Not beating Wales looms larger now.  That was a wasted opportunity.

I'm not expecting a win against England, but we definitely have the ability to get a result. 

Whether we win/lose/draw today, we have to beat Iran to get out of the first round.  

59 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Not beating Wales looms larger now.  That was a wasted opportunity.

I'm not expecting a win against England, but we definitely have the ability to get a result. 

Whether we win/lose/draw today, we have to beat Iran to get out of the first round.  

Every single USA fan would have gladly taken this scenario six months ago.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Now the US has to beat Iran to get out of the group.

Again, tell me you wouldn't have found this acceptable when they announced the groups.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Again, tell me you wouldn't have found this acceptable when they announced the groups.

the Wales tie feels different if it's a 1-1 draw with the US scoring the first goal or 1-1 with the US scoring the 2nd goal. One's a late disappointment and one's a scrappy comeback.

of course, momentum didn't actually exist for today's games so it probably won't exist for next Tuesday either.

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Tomorrow's headline: MAGNIFICENT MOROCCO

I first wanted to reply with "<something> <something> Molenbeek <something>" but thought better of it. Well, this evening there have been riots in Brussels, public transportation was partially stopped, police asked the public to stay out of the city center.