DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

Even with Iran's GK1 out of the match, England has firepower to spare.  Friday won't be easy.

......After going to Germany, South Africa, and Brazil, it feels really weird to not be at the World Cup supporting the US.  But I was never going to Russia or Qatar.  Yeah yeah, the team made not going to Russia an easy call but still.

I know a lot of people who did go and man.....I'm pretty judgmental about anyone that made this trip.  The sportswashing we've seen already makes the WWE Saudi Arabia shows seem tame.

• Like 1

The attendance figures to the games are presented to you either by the Iraqi minister of information or a wrestling promotion. E.g. for Netherlands - Senegal: the capacity of the arena is 40.000, there were a lot of empty seats and the announced figure: 41.721

• Haha 1

I joked yesterday that the attendance numbers were being done by people from the Emirates. 

I think attendance figures in sports have mostly been meaningless since they started counting tickets sold instead of turnstile attendance years ago in all sports. 

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I joked yesterday that the attendance numbers were being done by people from the Emirates. 

I think attendance figures in sports have mostly been meaningless since they started counting tickets sold instead of turnstile attendance years ago in all sports. 

or since they realized there's literally no value in telling the truth and considerable value in lying (either highball or lowball)

the stoppage times so far

Qatar/Ecuador: 5 minutes first half, 5 minutes second half (6 minutes each half)

England/Iran: 14 fucking minutes first half, 10 minutes second half (second half ended at 90+14)

Senegal/Netherlands: 2 minutes first half, 8 minutes second half (second half ended at 90+11)

USA/Wales: 4 minutes first half, 9 minutes second half (second half ended at 90+11)

So Friday's USA/England is when we find out how much of England/Iran was England being good, how much was Iran's team planning to mass-defect as soon as the tournament ends and how much was Iran's GK going out quickly today.