DVDVR Message Board

2022 FIFA كأس العالم (WORLD CUP 2022)

RIPPA

So Panama was down 2-0 to Honduras (who stink)

10 minutes later they were up 3-2 (which is the score they won by)

I didn't really picture Panama being the 4th team to separate itself from the group but here we are

We are up to 6 teams qualified with Belgium and France qualifying today (Brazil qualified a couple of days ago)

Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Austria are all assured of at least making the playoff

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We are up to 6 teams qualified with Belgium and France qualifying today (Brazil qualified a couple of days ago)

Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Austria are all assured of at least making the playoff

Is this due to some Nations League shenanigans for Austria? They lost out to Scotland on the second place in their group. 

It's weird how some of the European groups felt close at one point and are now long since decided while other groups seemed decided only to still be open on final matchday. 

45 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Is this due to some Nations League shenanigans for Austria? They lost out to Scotland on the second place in their group. 

Correct

It is "the best two Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group"

EDIT - basically the top 3 teams that met this criteria are Wales, Austria and Czech Republic. Wales and Czech Republic are currently 2nd and 3rd in Group E so they both will go no matter what (hence why they were listed in the already qualified list too). And that freed up the spot for Austria.

• Thanks 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I've said it before but now is the time for a pre-qualifying tournament for the likes of San Marino. I love an underdog upsetting the odds but you could have put Torquay United in San Marino's place and they wouldnt have got spanked so badly.