DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell

Brian Fowler

The opening tag was fantastic, and Cena/Del Rio, while tamed down from Cena's normal standards, was really good.

Main event was good until the story swallowed it whole.  AJ/Brie was fine for a diva's match.  The Punk beatdown of Heyman was really good.  The rest of the show probably happened, to.

(Oh, and although I like Ambrose, I kind of wish that opening clothesline-cover had gotten the 3.)

So, what those of us that called back in August that Bryan wasn't getting elevated for shit, is for all you "wait for it, they won't fuck this up" fuckers to start apologizing for the shitty things you said to us.  Go ahead, we'll wait.

• Like 5

Saw that coming. So, Orton/Cena for the millionth time, then?

I just wish, if they were going to have Shawn superkick him, they would have just committed to him turning heel.  I mean, seriously, who does it help to have a guy that's been retired for 4 years be wishy-washy in the middle of this angle?

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how inept this company can be.  They had a perfect opportunity to make a new star with Cena's "absence" and it doesn't appear like they really have.  They NEED new talent on top that the fans take seriously and who else is going to fill those shoes right now besides Bryan?  It ain't Sandow and sure as hell ain't Ziggler or Del Rio.  Ryback has no momentum and Big E. is just starting out.  Who knows what will happen with the Shield when they are inevitably broken up?  Cesaro has got nothing and Bray Wyatt is just starting out.  Who's left?  I guess Cena and Orton. 

So, is the stupid reason going to be Shaun has money issues too or something? Ignoring his TV show... 

Ugh, just trying to figure out good reasons isn't doing it for me. Maybe NOW Bryan wins the Rumble?

Nah, Shawn kicked him because Bryan knocked out Shawn's best friend, as far as I can tell.  He didn't come in to favor Orton, he was going right down the middle, but when Bryan attacked Trips, Shawn got pissed and played a little sweet chin music, and then immediately regretted it when Orton made the cover.

I liked the opening tag match... good work by all involved once again. I enjoyed Big E vs. Ambrose too. It was solid for a match that was thrown together and the countout was the right finish in that situation. Now they can have a proper rematch and build this a little..

Punk vs. Ryback was forgettable. All I wanted was for Heyman to toss an early 90's cell phone down to Ryback.

Cena vs. Del Rio was pretty good for being Cena's first match in a bit. Not surprised at all that he won the title, I just wonder if he's sticking around.

The main event was nothing special. It was an alright match but turned into a mess near the end. No idea where they are going from here.

The opening tag bout was gangbusters, especially when they hit the ROH Scramble trainwreck spot.  I think Rollins bumps better than anyone else in the company.

Cena coming back early and promptly going over Del Rio reminded me of Hogan arriving in WCW.

The Punk/Ryback match was about as good as a match as Ryback is capable of.  The ending seemed pretty anticlimactic.  Is this the end of the Punk/Heyman feud or do we get a Lesnar/Punk blowoff match at some point?

I'm wondering if that was the planned ending to the Ambrose/Big E match.  Big E looked a bit out of it after he got opened up hardway.

The only thing that bugs me about the Michaels swerve is how obvious it was.  I'm guessing now they're going to do a Team DBD vs Team HHH match at Survivor Series and I'm still sticking with my original prediction that Bryan gets some decree that he doesn't get any more title matches leading to him winning the Rumble (possibly getting stuck at #1)

i normally don't have this reaction, but fuck, i'm just going to assume that unless it's Cena, the heels always win and there will be no one new at the top for another five years. It's like watching the nWo destroy the Four Horseman over and over, that slow realization that fans aren't going to get what they ask for.

• Like 2

I agree with Erin. I went from being excited (Bryan is going to get his) to just feeling underwhelmed about the whole thing.

In the end Bryan still has a CLEAN pinfall against Cena an that new finisher is a world killer because of it...

You can't convince me HHH was honest in that recent interview, you just can't.