DVDVR Message Board

2020 Q3 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Post Rodney King though, and post T2. I think audiences were ready for that kind of stuff. But back then it was “A couple of bad eggs”.

Yeah, thats why I said "to most people."

It used to be in pop culture, the bad/dirty cops were in NYC or the big East Coast cities and the good cops were in LA or SF. 

Obviously, the 90s changed that. 

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Are there any Chicago-set bad cop movies? I can't think of any off the top of my head. For a city that ran a racist torture racket in their PD for decades, it seems like a natural. 

Do you count Medium Cool? 

45 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Are there any Chicago-set bad cop movies? I can't think of any off the top of my head. For a city that ran a racist torture racket in their PD for decades, it seems like a natural. 

Isn't Code of Silence set in Chicago?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dunno, never seen it. I should though, it sounds really good (and of course Robert Forster, so yeah). 

Its i guess what we now call a fictional documentary set around the 1968 Chicago convention. Made by Haskell Wexler. 

Not sure where to post this but:

WarnerMedia to cut thousands of jobs, a restructuring that will reduce costs by 20%. This 2 round of layoffs includes people who work for their TV channels... HBO, TBS and TNT and Warner Bros. studios.

I am stupid and at first couldn't figure out why Sterling K Brown was there.

It took me reading to realize he was cast to replace the late John Spencer as Leo

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

Not sure where to post this but:

WarnerMedia to cut thousands of jobs, a restructuring that will reduce costs by 20%. This 2 round of layoffs includes people who work for their TV channels... HBO, TBS and TNT and Warner Bros. studios.

Not exactly TV, but Rooster Teeth is sure to get some cuts since they're under the microscope right now (and Funhaus).

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The cast of The West Wing is redoing their famous "Hartsfield Landing" episode for HBO Max.   Here is the trailer: 

All that trailer does is remind me how great that show was and how much it is missed.