DVDVR Message Board

2020 Q3 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Dexter fucked itself in season two by having the hot british chick kill Doakes. It was like they were afraid of making their serial killer protagonist unlikable by having him kill an innocent man just to protect himself.

Barry is what Dexter should have been.

• Like 1

As for Perversions of Science, I remember the episode where Kevin Pollack gets his dick stuck in a sex robot.

EDIT: It's on youtube.

Edited by hobo joe
found video of Kevin Pollack getting his dick stuck in a sex robot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mister TV said:

This season of Fargo is good but nowhere near seasons 1 & 2, I kind of wish I waited to binge it after they all aired on FX. Good Lord Bird is great!

Did you not like 3? I think I liked 3 more than 2 (other than Kirsten Dunst's great performance). Haven't watched any of 4 yet

7 hours ago, hobo joe said:

Dexter fucked itself in season two by having the hot british chick kill Doakes. It was like they were afraid of making their serial killer protagonist unlikable by having him kill an innocent man just to protect himself.

Doaks dying, period, shouldn’t have happened. You’ve got a show getting crazier episode, after episode. Why wouldn’t you keep the Dexter equivalent of the nosy Bewitched neighbor?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I started The Man in the High Castle this morning, already on episode 8... man, what a good show. Rufus Sewell is the best actor out of the bunch.

So...season 2 is kinda meh and drags a lot. Season 3 is definitely better. Season 4 explores some really cool ground, but it needed another season to really wrap everything up.

Still though, it's a series i liked. 

• Like 1

The Comedy Store ended on a kinda funky note. They started out with a group of comedians (including Joe Rogan, loudest mouth in the room, of course) complaining about cancel culture hurting their bottom line and telling the public to suck it up when they could, and should easily point that criticism at themselves. I'm the least PC (god I hate that term) person on the planet but if someone is being an asshole then if they get called out, why complain? And meanwhile they go on to defend Louis CK like he didn't jerk off in front of 20 some-odd women, and then give him a big part on the episode. Yeah, I get giving somebody that didn't I guess murder somebody a break, and I still like his work, but let the guy go to bat for himself elsewhere before trying to rehabilitate him publicly. I dunno. It just came off as comics defending themselves and I guess they got the right, but I don't have to agree with it. 

The rest was hilarious. Of course...

On 10/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, hobo joe said:

On 10/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Doaks dying, period, shouldn’t have happened. You’ve got a show getting crazier episode, after episode. Why wouldn’t you keep the Dexter equivalent of the nosy Bewitched neighbor?

Yeah, all this.  You couldn't have kept Doakes alive without even more suspension of disbelief than we already had (how is the police force this stupid?!?!?!) but yes, exactly, Dexter should have been the one to kill him and live with the consequences.

I'm just thankful it gave is SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER as part of the pop culture lexicon.

• Like 1

I just started this show Patriot on Amazon. It is one of the weirdest and funniest pilot episodes I have ever watched. It is about a troubled spy who has to infiltrate a Milwaukee industrial goods company I keep Iran from having nukes, all while being an incredibly earnest and expository folk singer. 

I have never heard of this show before. It is pretty fucking great so far.

Al Roker announced this morning on the Today show that he is battling prostate cancer and will be taking time off to have surgery

He said it is "a little aggressive" but it was "caught early"

He said he wanted to come forward as awareness for not only for men but especially African American men

On 11/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, Greggulator said:

I just started this show Patriot on Amazon. It is one of the weirdest and funniest pilot episodes I have ever watched. It is about a troubled spy who has to infiltrate a Milwaukee industrial goods company I keep Iran from having nukes, all while being an incredibly earnest and expository folk singer. 

I have never heard of this show before. It is pretty fucking great so far.

Patriot is really, really good. It's only two seasons though, and I really wish it got one more season to wrap things up.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I just realized. Shouldn't this now be Q4? 

Considering how long it just took me to remember what month we are in, I’m long past caring

I also should be asleep 

On 10/31/2020 at 9:40 PM, Craig H said:

So...season 2 is kinda meh and drags a lot. Season 3 is definitely better. Season 4 explores some really cool ground, but it needed another season to really wrap everything up.

Still though, it's a series i liked. 

So I finished S2 this morning, and you were right. It drags a lot, but the last two episodes or so were pretty good I thought. Definitely makes me VERY interested in S3, which I'll start tonight after Full Gear. I still don't understand anything about the tapes, though. Three seasons in and they've barely touched on how that works - very frustrating, especially knowing the end is in sight now.

EDIT: Turns out I’m only on E8 of S2! The back half of this season has been really good - the first half was pretty plodding.

Edited by Casey