DVDVR Message Board

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

Just now, Jiji said:

If DC wins and they offer him mega money for a Jones fight, does he take it?

Yes because there hasn't been a bigger company man in combat sports since Bruce Prichard started defending giving Terry Taylor the Red Rooster gimmick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, hammerva said:

Plus I think the DC still think that he could beat Jon Jones even though he is so in his head I think the only chance he would have is Jones's complete arrogance

Jon is getting up in terms of wear and tear on his body, but I think DC's window to beat Jon was the fight in Anaheim. If he didn't beat Jon that night, I don't think he's ever going to beat him. He went strike for strike with Jon before the high kick.

• Like 1

Wow, I think Max did enough in the 4th to win it and the fight at 3-2, but I won't be surprised if others have rounds 3-5 to Volkanovski.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

Despite losing a razor thin decision, Max looked really good and I think eased a lot of concerns that he was on the downswing of his career. If he fights at that level against most anybody else he'll win. 

I feel like this has been a marathon. This card has been emotionally draining in the best way. I almost want this to be a bit of a grind because I don't think I can handle a wild brawl/slugfest.

I like how Jorge comes out to the Scarface music but he looks like the undercover cop who arrested Tony when they were counting the laundered money and gave Tony a lecture for making immigrants look bad.

Just now, Jiji said:

Those fights fucking ruled it, man.

Yes they did but I don't miss staying up to 5 or 6 in the morning with sprewellrimz. I do miss the weird Japanese commercials that would pop up on the illegal stream (I didn't get AXS fka HDNet until 2017).