DVDVR Message Board

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

That went almost exactly how I thought it would.

Now let's see if Rose is actually back. She said in one of the pressers she needed to get back to "thinking like a ninja", so I'm dubious.

Watching Amanda Ribas makes me forget my troubles for a few minutes. 

King of Bitches is the best nickname ever. 

edit: why didn't they show the indentured servants in that UAE promotional package?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

After that interview Amanda Ribas just won the UFC Women's Straweight Championship, the Heart of SHIMMER belt, Miki Sudo's Nathan's title and the next season of Dancing With The Stars.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

I really need to find the other famous MMA Amanda's (Nunes) post fight interview with Jon Anik after the first fight with GdR at the last ever Fight for the Troops where instead of answering Jon's questions she answered the ones she came up with in her brain. She has come A LOOOOOOOOOOOONNG WAY with ESL.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I really need to find the other famous MMA Amanda's (Nunes) post fight interview with Jon Anik after the first fight with GdR at the last ever Fight for the Troops where instead of answering Jon's questions she answered the ones she came up with in her brain. She has come A LOOOOOOOOOOOONNG WAY with ESL.

Nunes'  use of the word "Guys" is one of my favorite speech patterns in the world. "Guys. GUYS. Forget about this Ronda Rousey. Okay? Seriously guys." She sounds like a little sister that is no one listens too and I fucking love it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This is fantastic. Rose is catching her with counters very nicely but she's not committing by sitting down on them. But I am digging the peekaboo style with lower hands. I mean, she probably shouldn't have the last part going but here we are. Babysteps! 

Another one, these empty arena shows are just amazing. Fuck yeah, that was the SECOND best women's MMA fight I've ever seen and the second best one I've seen this year. Hell yeah. 

That mouse came from blowing out of a broken nose, right?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

2-1 Rose, but goddamn can't be happy with that third round.

Still think it's crazy that they're talking about one of these two fighting Zhang and not giving us a rematch to one of the greatest fucking fights ever.

• Like 2

Seriously, run back both of those fights and have the winners fight. Let's fucking go. A damned shame it was only three rounds. That tweet about this feeling like a title fight is hyper accurate.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

2-1 Rose, but goddamn can't be happy with that third round.

Still think it's crazy that they're talking about one of these two fighting Zhang and not giving us a rematch to one of the greatest fucking fights ever.

I badly want the Zhang/Joanna rematch.