DVDVR Message Board

My 4th of July Vacation

OSJ

Having had a few days to catch up on this and that I managed to finish the afterword for The Compleat Short Fiction of R. A. Lafferty Volume #6 (The Man Who Never Was) and surprised myself by finishing not one, but TWO short stories and was surprised by the promptness of the publisher in remitting funds via PayPal to the tune of $2300.00! ($1000 for one and $1300 for the other for those playing at home.)

As it does appear that there will indeed be a baseball season, albeit a grotesque one with that slap in the face to purists now infesting both leagues, we can at least begin to formulate the over/under on my man, Ronald Acuna jr. hitting over twenty taters in the short season. The worst thing about this short season is that it places an unpleasant asterisk by the otherwise phenomenal totals of the aforementioned Mr. Acuna and his equally entertaining counterpart in the junior circuit, one Mike Trout. I still think it likely that both gentlemen finish their careers with top-five WAR. After all these false starts and hopes that went nowhere, it is clear that finally GOD'S OWN TEAM, THE IMMORTAL ATLANTA BRAVES have a position player worthy to follow in the footsteps of Chipper Jones and get truly excited about. It is only just and fitting that the twin bastions of all things vile, the Bankees and their cross-town counterpart, the laughable New York Metropolitan Baseball Club are consigned to the nether regions of the sports page while giving the fans a truly meritorious team to talk about...