DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

John Goodman?

John Goodman during the Bound for Glory Series would be the best ever."AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?! MARK IT ZERO!"

John Goodman would make a great manager of three monster heels for hire, showing them off like hardware.

'You've got the bastard of bastards: Abyss... for guaranteed head removal. That's... That's a sweetie. You've got your standard-sized Rhino. That's a fuckin' hungry man right there. And you got Samoa Joe, king of mayhem, half-cannon, sword of justice. Take this fucker to the Impact Zone and start your own crusade. Any one of these is bound to make you feel better about what's botherin' you.' [...] 'That's... three fuckin' grand worth of squashin'. You got three grand of squashin' to do?'

• Like 4

John Goodman?

John Goodman during the Bound for Glory Series would be the best ever."AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?! MARK IT ZERO!"

John Goodman would make a great manager of three monster heels for hire, showing them off like hardware.

'You've got the bastard of bastards: Abyss... for guaranteed head removal. That's... That's a sweetie. You've got your standard-sized Rhino. That's a fuckin' hungry man right there. And you got Samoa Joe, king of mayhem, half-cannon, sword of justice. Take this fucker to the Impact Zone and start your own crusade. Any one of these is bound to make you feel better about what's botherin' you.' [...] 'That's... three fuckin' grand worth of squashin'. You got three grand of squashin' to do?'

"LOOK UPON ME AJ STYLES, LOOK UPON ME! I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!"

• Like 2

So. . .who needs a job?

Writer/Producer TNA Entertainment

Position Description

The Writer/Producer will be responsible for the creative content and scripts of television content. He/She will work with a team of writers who will produce original, compelling content for broadcast.

Key Responsibilities

- Develop and implement creative storylines for broadcast on TNA television broadcast.

STUD STABLE!

- Build compelling stories that capture the audience.

HOBO ARMY!

- Consistently improve and refine storylines.

PLUS, A WRESTLING BEAR!

- Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the TNA brand and each talent’s skills.

I KNOW Y'ALL BE LOVING THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE!

Desired Skills and Qualifications

- A creative, original thinker with great programming instincts.

Sure

- Minimum of 3 years writing and production experience in television preferred.

I barely even watch TV

- Deep understanding of pop culture, trends, and topical events, especially as they relate to television programming.

All the other boys, Try to chase me, But here's my number, So call me, maybe

- Writing and directing reality television a plus. 

No it's not

- An experimental, risk-taking mindset. Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.

I hate those blurred lines

- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate story lines, including vision and strategy, effectively with senior management, writing and production teams, and external parties.

Ben talk good, look good, can dance all night long

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.

LOL

Please submit resumes and any other applicable material to [email protected] withWriter/Producer in the subject line. 

• Like 9

Maybe it's just my hatred for TNA, but I was thinking as I read this thread that in 10 years TNA has yet to produce a single moment that I would consider memorable. Good matches? Sure, there have been some. But there is nothing that I have ever seen from TNA that sticks in my brain as "wow, that was amazing and I will never forget it" (at least in a positive way). WWE produces memorable moments at least a couple times a year. WCW used to do it. ECW did it for a while. TNA has just been an under-achiever since day one. 

• Like 1

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.

I'm not sure I'd recommend they hire someone who still has passion for TNA.  Then again, where would they find such a person?  They might be better off posting that they give hiring preference to chupacabras.