DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

I'd bring back the World X Cup.

Yes!  But not like the last one they did, with Aces and 8's as its own country.

No you do Team USA (whose ever in the X Division), Team Mexico(AAA), Team Japan (Wrestle1) and Team Canada (The reuniting Team Canada)

Keep Hardy, Angle, Storm, Aries, Magnus, Bad Influence. Dump nearly everyone else. Resign Homicide. Yes to the Briscoes. Bring in London and Kendrick. I hate them but people like them. Bring in a ton of cruisers from the Indies/luchadors from Mexico. Bring in LA Park. Have Juvi be the delusional kingpin of a cruiser stable. I'm probably the only person in the world who likes GANG WARZ so I'd have a bunch of factions, but make sure none of them suck, and kill them when they do. Sign the greatest babyface wrestler in the world Chris Masters. Bring in fucking BAROOD. I'd have a Ring Ka King faction. Put the tag titles on a repackaged Luke Gallows and Mike Knox and have them steamroll fools for a year. So it's massive when they lose.

Keep Sting under a contract but have him turn up once a year. He shouldn't be a full time wrestler any more, but he's valuable as a legend that you don't get in the WWE. Having said that no Hogan ever ever ever again. They should bring in older WWE/WCW guys from time to time (Steiner, Nash, X-Pac) but only on a short term basis, and mainly to put over fulltime guys.

I like everyone's ideas about keeping wacky TNA gimmick matches. It's the best heritage they have so why not. Though the name needs to change. And the presentation too. TNA's is ok, but it looks like budget Smackdown (NXT looks better on screen now). I don't know what it should look like, but I think they should start over on what wrestling presentation should be.

Very down on Billy Corgan and his Wrestling IQ. Court Baurer called him knowledge enough to be dangerous and I believe that's succinct enough way to describe him.

To me hasn't graduated beyond a casual fan's understanding of the business. I don't think Billy could tell you the how and why angles worked. I will give him he has handled his music catalogue really well but I don't see the same savyness when it comes to Wrestling. He wants to relive his first relive his first real exposure to Wrestling (ECW) and realises legitimate Women's Wrestling matches have potential growth drawing power wise. That's his two MOs/ideas basically. 

I know people who don't even like the term call Billy a money mark. Also in the music industry his ego, control issues and people skills are legendary. I would imagine he would be a pain in the ass to be a partner with. I await hearing Billy Corgan deleting all the guitar tracks on Serge's TNA entrance themes and that re-recorded them himself. 

Lou is in Billy's inner circle so that's some non-journalist confirmation of interest:

Posted Image

He was ECW's Sign Guy Dudley and Lou E Dangerously.

A rebuilding of TNA under new management would be pretty easy. How much money are the house shows REALLY making? I'd cut those down to maybe 4 a month (if not less or eliminating them all together). PPV's would be cut to 3 (Lockdown, Slammiversary, and Bound For Glory). I would get rid of 'THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR GIMMICK' of any and all PPV shows. The first one will definitely save TNA money and the later will save them face. Also, 6 "Clash" Style shows springled throughout the year that occur on Sunday on Spike and are free (Hardcore Justice and Destination X would be two of those shows because they definitely have gimmicks- the remaining four shows should have COMPLETELY NEW NAMES)

As far as the roster is concerned, the releases would look a little like this: Spud, Shaw, Taz, Tenay, Hemme, Brisco, Bischoff, and Tapa

Hired/Re-Hired: Sarah Stock, Colt Cabana, Paul London, Cheerleader Melissa, Elijah Burke, Brian Cage, Young Bucks, Mike Striker (commentator).

I think Bradley has potential and Jesse has shown potential as well, so both of those guys would stay. Rob Terry would stay but he will be facing guys like the guy EC III faced for his BFG debut.

Throw all my money at Mark Henry and fantasy book the company around my love for him.

It's funny you mention that because I said pretty much the same thing to my friend the other day. I'd just book Mark Henry splitting wigs for 2 hours every week and it'd be glorious.

Also, I wonder how much it'd take to get Jack Evans back from Mexico. I know he's a SUPER flippy guy but I always found him entertaining and thought that he actually had in-ring charisma unlike a lot of the flippy fellas. In particular, I loved his team work with Rod Strong and would love to see them in (not) TNA with the MCMG's and Briscoes.

• Like 1

If it were possible given the available talent level, I'd change everything about the company at first - the name, the announcers, all of the talent. I'd try to bring in completely fresh talent at first, then bring in established names slowly as "he wants to earn his chance to compete here" or give them other reasons to pop up, as mentor figures, or old friends, or something. No invasion angles without short timetables to their definite conclusions - six months max. No heel or face commissioners, period. I'd probably come out first show and say "we're never doing the following things..." 

Three or four PPVs, limited house shows in areas of strength, try to not bleed money and build from there. 

I'm not 100% sure I'd keep Angle or Hardy, and if I did, they'd be in for a significant pay cut.  I really like the idea of building around the MCMG's and Briscoes, since my vision of TNA is basically 70's JCP + modern MOVEZ.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean with '70's JCP', specifically?

This whole story has been so glorious. The list of "rumored" buyers gets better everyday. Who's next?

How would people feel if it turned out that this was an elaborate work to set up new in-story ownership and TNA was actually able to fool a bunch of people who perhaps should know better?