DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

The term "TNA Headquarters" made me spit out my coffee.  I see in my mind's eye Dixie and Serge sitting in a rented storage space at a card table with folding chairs with Eric Bischoff sitting in the back on a milk carton.

If a real investor buys this company, I will be surprised, I don't think it's been in the black since Panda has bought it and they really own nothing, no real estate, a shoddy at best tape library and a name....that's it.  Worthless. Anyone that does their due diligence would see this. 

As far as the statement from Panda about not selling, that horseradish too, they would love to get out from under this burden, TNA has been nothing but a loss leader for the company, since they "acquired" it from the Jarretts.

• Like 1

I hope these Billy Corgan rumors are false...

Why?  Was Resistance Pro worse than TNA?

1. While Corgan has money, I don't think he can be pouring tens of millions into TNA, like the Carters did (fun fact: Bob Carter lost $40 million on TNA even before signing Hogan and Bischoff)

2. Wrestling's obviously just a hobby; he's a musician. He'll be too busy touring and recording to give TNA his full attention

3. Running a small indy and a national promotion with international presence are two different things entirely.

Not to mention, any sensible business manager would strongly advise against it once they got a proper look at TNA's books.

If a real investor buys this company, I will be surprised, I don't think it's been in the black since Panda has bought it and they really own nothing, no real estate, a shoddy at best tape library and a name....that's it.  Worthless. Anyone that does their due diligence would see this. 

Yeah and it would have to be rebranded. The name has as much value in the wrestling world as Second Mile has in the charity world.

The only thing of serious value* is the tv slot on Spike.

*The tape library has little to any value to anyone except maybe WWE, because nobody else has the ability to use it in conjunction with other libraries, nor the marketing arm to put it in front of people.

If you were (whoever ends up in charge of talent relations when the sale goes through), who would you sign, and who would you send packing?  Presumably Garrett gets the axe, especially since you can't just send him to OVW now.  Do you try to rebuild the divisions?  Do you let your talent work indies?  How many PPV's per year?  And what about house shows?

If you were (whoever ends up in charge of talent relations when the sale goes through), who would you sign, and who would you send packing?  Presumably Garrett gets the axe, especially since you can't just send him to OVW now.  Do you try to rebuild the divisions?  Do you let your talent work indies?  How many PPV's per year?  And what about house shows?

I would probably boot most of the roster. I'd keep AJ, Aries, Roode, Sabin (only if I can bring back Alex Shelley and have them be the MCMG's), Bad Influence, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Angle and Samoa Joe. I'd try to bring in the Briscoes (I don't know what their contract status is and if it'd be possible) and have them and the MCMG's be the aces of the tag division. I'd let the talent work the indies if the company wouldn't be running many house shows. I think 8 PPV's is a decent sweet spot for a company running 2 hours of "A-level" TV each week. If it were reduced to 90 minutes I'd reduce the number of PPV's to 6. I think house shows can be successful but I'd probably hold off initially until the "new" company was further along.

I'd probably dump most of the roster, save for the cheap X-Division guys/anyone Spike is paying for/Aries/Samoa Joe/Hardy, sign all the Chikara guys, and basically run a league heavy on high-flyers, midgets, freakshows, masks, comedy, ridiculousness and hope that Youtube clips/Buzzfeed mentions/Facebook posts/showing up on something like 'The Soup' would bring me enough attention to run 4 PPVs a year, then do a Clash of the Champions-style show to brook the big gaps between PPVS.  Something like February-May-July-October (Avoiding the big WWE shows, WM, RR, SS and SS) PPVs, with Clashes (Well a TNA version...dump that name, too) in early March, September, November and a special Christmas-themed big show in December.  I'd probably also bring back the 8-sided ring, introduce a 6 man tag title, and fire Jeff Jarrett on live TV.  Also, no heel commissioner.

• Like 2

I'd get rid of Robbie E, Bischoff, Chavo, Gunner, Sam Shaw, Manik, Jesse Godderz, Anderson, Rob Terry, Rampage, King Mo & Taz. I'd hire (and rehire): The Briscoes, Jigsaw, Sonjay Dutt, Eddie Kingston, Joey Ryan, Christian York, Colt Cabana, Kenny Omega, Alex Shelley, MVP, Shelton Benjamen, John Morrison, Don West and others. I'd let my guys wrestle the indies however I would do a three day run every Friday Saturday Sunday in a different area the mid atlantic, southern area of the Untied States. I'd do four PPV's a year (Genesis, Lockdown, Slammaversy, Bound For Glory). I'd get a national DVD distribution and start releasing compilations (Ultimate X, Lethal Lockdown, King of the Mountain, Best of Angle; Styles, Roode, Storm, Sting, Joe, Angle, Aries, Abyss ETC) like crazy id also completely revamp my marketing team. And i'd have three hour Clash style specials one sunday every month there is not a PPV. I'd also bring back to 6 sided ring the King of the Mountain at Slammaversy, The gaunlet style battle royals, The Turkey Bowl and the Reindeer ladder match.

• Like 1