DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

I would, as long as I didn't have to read a PDF that is as long as some training manuals I've typed up.

As for the Shane McMahon thing, I think for me it stems from JR's comment about meeting a friend in New York to discuss a business venture, and then the picture of JR and Shane-o-Mac popping up online. There were rumblings in the past about Shane wanting to get into the wrestling or MMA picture too. To be honest with you, I have no earthly idea what Shane is up to these days, business wise anyway.

And maybe it's wishful thinking, but a promotion run by Shane, JR, Heyman, and Bischoff would be pretty inspiring. Shane would act as the executive producer and just be the money man; JR and Heyman would handle talent acquisitions, developmental, and booking; Bischoff would handle production. 

Didn't Jim Ross and Shane McMahon have a meeting a few weeks back? That would be an interesting new ownership.

I would, as long as I didn't have to read a PDF that is as long as some training manuals I've typed up.

As for the Shane McMahon thing, I think for me it stems from JR's comment about meeting a friend in New York to discuss a business venture, and then the picture of JR and Shane-o-Mac popping up online. There were rumblings in the past about Shane wanting to get into the wrestling or MMA picture too. To be honest with you, I have no earthly idea what Shane is up to these days, business wise anyway.

And maybe it's wishful thinking, but a promotion run by Shane, JR, Heyman, and Bischoff would be pretty inspiring. Shane would act as the executive producer and just be the money man; JR and Heyman would handle talent acquisitions, developmental, and booking; Bischoff would handle production. 

I for one would love to see them lure Jerry Jarrett back, which would never happen, but since we're clearly in the realm of fantasy anyway, why not?

Cornette's ROH tried (and ultimately failed) to be a southern rasslin' promotion with MOVEZ~! and I believe that concept has merit.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com

Partial Source: Prowrestling.netHere is the latest report on the potential sale of TNA.Word is that there is a very interested party, and that they are someone fans would know. The potential buyer is also said to have lots of money behind them, but may come off as a surprise buyer to some. They have also been spotted at TNA's headquarters in recent weeks.There are also reports that an unnamed celebrity has shown interest, but the name was not given. Country singer John Rich has been rumored. The Wilpon family, who own the New York Mets, have also always been interested in pro wrestling. In 2011, they had plans to launch their own promotion but that never came to be. There is no word on if they are interested but we figured we'd just point that out.While the Carters may not be rushing to sell the company, they are definitely listening to all offers.

WWE CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE:

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin™ has offered you a can of an alcoholic beverage. What would you like to do?

A -- Accept the Steveweiser™

B -- Decline the Steveweiser™

If you Choose "A"

Posted Image

If you Choose "B"

Posted Image

• Like 8

From PWInsider:

"Janice Carter of TNA responded to online reports that the company was looking for a new owner in an internal memo issued to TNA employees today. In the memo, which praised the new 365 initiative, Carter said that while she normally does not comment on rumors, she wrote the staff that any rumors that Panda Energy is "attempting to sell its ownership stake" in TNA is false and that she remains committed to the company."

WWE CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE:

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin™ has offered you a can of an alcoholic beverage. What would you like to do?

A -- Accept the Steveweiser™

B -- Decline the Steveweiser™

If you Choose "A"

Posted Image

If you Choose "B"

Posted Image

Wait, that one doesn't count, I marked my place with my finger!

IMO, this is all just stories TNA are putting out there. I do not think several people are lining up to buy TNA.

I think one party is interested, and all this talk of Bischoff, Jarett, mystery celebrity, etc is just a way for Panda to get the price up and make TNA look red hot.

The Wilpon family, who own the New York Mets, have also always been interested in pro wrestling. In 2011, they had plans to launch their own promotion but that never came to be.

Seriously doubting this report to be accurate, but if it is, we may be one step closer to that "Davey Richards vs. Davey Richards Inside a 15-Foot High Steel Davey Richards" main event after all.

I like how in the memo they say there not looking to sell there 'controlling intrest' but doesn't say there not looking to sell. So now when they do get out she can simply say 'Well we weren't but x persons offer started at y% control but the offer for 50+% was just to good to pass up.'

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com

Word is that there is a very interested party, and that they are someone fans would know. The potential buyer is also said to have lots of money behind them, but may come off as a surprise buyer to some. They have also been spotted at TNA's headquarters in recent weeks.

Posted Image

Trump vs. Hogan in a hair vs. hair match for control of TNA would get all of the buys.

The term "TNA Headquarters" made me spit out my coffee.  I see in my mind's eye Dixie and Serge sitting in a rented storage space at a card table with folding chairs with Eric Bischoff sitting in the back on a milk carton.

If a real investor buys this company, I will be surprised, I don't think it's been in the black since Panda has bought it and they really own nothing, no real estate, a shoddy at best tape library and a name....that's it.  Worthless. Anyone that does their due diligence would see this. 

As far as the statement from Panda about not selling, that horseradish too, they would love to get out from under this burden, TNA has been nothing but a loss leader for the company, since they "acquired" it from the Jarretts.

• Like 1