DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

Serious question: It's obvious that TNA will not get any bigger in its current form. Can they grow under new ownership and what must be done to make it happen?If there's any chance, they need to have a month or so long dark period and then come back as an entirely new company.

The biggest problem for a new ownership is that TNA's risen and fallen based on whatever was trendy on the indy scene at the time. When TNA began, the cruiserweight/workrate style was trendy, so the X-Division made TNA instantly popular with fans. Later in the 2000s, when SHIMMER made women's wrestling trendy, the Knockouts ended up being popular for TNA.By contrast, this year...there isn't really one distinct style you can point to on the independent scene and say "THIS is the trend right now" that can lead to a niche that TNA can build around. The only thing TNA could have is building to the people who want the Attitude Era back- and we've seen over the last 11 years that no, TNA can't do that right, even if they DID do it right people want the "wrestlers" more than the style anyway [so they'd STILL be unhappy with it], and as a result it'd fail with their attempt.
What is the current trend on the Indies?

Davey Richards.

Any idea what the price is expected to be? I wonder if it's low enough that we could get some people from this board to pool money and buy it.

I doubt we'd find enough people to pool enough money to buy a TNA ppv, much less TNA.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Like 1

Serious question: It's obvious that TNA will not get any bigger in its current form. Can they grow under new ownership and what must be done to make it happen?If there's any chance, they need to have a month or so long dark period and then come back as an entirely new company.

The biggest problem for a new ownership is that TNA's risen and fallen based on whatever was trendy on the indy scene at the time. When TNA began, the cruiserweight/workrate style was trendy, so the X-Division made TNA instantly popular with fans. Later in the 2000s, when SHIMMER made women's wrestling trendy, the Knockouts ended up being popular for TNA.By contrast, this year...there isn't really one distinct style you can point to on the independent scene and say "THIS is the trend right now" that can lead to a niche that TNA can build around. The only thing TNA could have is building to the people who want the Attitude Era back- and we've seen over the last 11 years that no, TNA can't do that right, even if they DID do it right people want the "wrestlers" more than the style anyway [so they'd STILL be unhappy with it], and as a result it'd fail with their attempt.

Davey Richards.

If this were 2010-2011, you might be right.

Davey Richards.

If this were 2010-2011, you might be right.

You lack RESPECT~~~!!

I love the idea that Bischoff can somehow turn things around. Um...he's the reason they're in the mess they are now. The idea that things are going to change if he gets 100% control is ludicrous. 

He STILL thinks you can build a promotion around Hulk Hogan in 2013, for God's sake.

Or that he can recreate the nWo angle again. This time built on the fact that he's a wannabe biker.

When they were doing the Open Fight Nights and the 'Championship Thursdays', which were Bischoff's idea, they definitely added something to the show. And I still think Aces & Eights, nWo redux that it might have been, was a pretty good example of making something out of not very much and the build up to Bully winning the title was pretty good. I'm kinda glad to see Bischoff go, but he's not Russo.

I tend to think WWE would sign Roode, Robbie E, Eric Young and Brooke Tessmacher.

I'm not sure WWE would hire Magnus, as they already have Barrett, with Neville, Grey and Burch in development - plus Mason Ryan and Drew McIntyre. They don't need another Brit guy.

I tend to think they would hires Aries and Joe for a little bit, if only to squeeze a few good TV matches out of them.

I think James Storm is very injured so not sure he'd be hired at this point.

I will not tolerate anymore blasphemous talk about my man-meat Magnus, the sexiest man on television.

Posted ImageM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Who is the guy that was teaming with James Storm a couple of months ago?  I don't watch TNA, but we went to a house show and he's the only thing that stood out, if only because he had freaky looking legs.  I thought it was Magnus, but apparently not because this guy had much longer hair than this picture.

Who is the guy that was teaming with James Storm a couple of months ago?  I don't watch TNA, but we went to a house show and he's the only thing that stood out, if only because he had freaky looking legs.  I thought it was Magnus, but apparently not because this guy had much longer hair than this picture.

Storm's been teaming with Gunner

Posted Image

I will not tolerate anymore blasphemous talk about my man-meat Magnus, the sexiest man on television.

Posted ImageM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Probably Gunner, 'The Modern Day Viking'. I could see WWE putting him in developmental.

PDFs and meeting AJ Styles in an airport parking lot at 3 in the morning where he gives you a VHS of what's really going on in TNA.

• Like 3

We talked about this before (I don't remember if it was this board or the old board) but the general consensus seemed to be, the WWE would sign

Sting - one of those merch deals since they would want him for the HOF and DVD. Plus they could run that Taker match that they have been babbling about forever

Kurt Angle - See Sting. Angle could also be used as an okay Mania "name" if necessary if they didn't have an opponent for say Brock or Punk or Taker.

James Storm

Gail Kim - especially now that they would sign her more for the Total Diva aspect because if they got Robert Irvine wandering in the background, they would grasp for continued attention from outside sources

Magnus - especially when they need someone to take a Wellness Violation hit for some one else

Chris Daniels - as a trainer

Everyone else was a pass

So if Tommy Dreamer has the old ECW brick and chain link fence enterence ramp in his basement does that mean AJ Styles will have the old Impact Set, The Six Sides of Steel, Evolution X & Steel Asylum in his?

So if Tommy Dreamer has the old ECW brick and chain link fence enterence ramp in his basement does that mean AJ Styles will have the old Impact Set, The Six Sides of Steel, Evolution X & Steel Asylum in his?

Why not?  Abyss probably has a stuffed Goldylocks, with a runny nose.