DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

On 7/29/2020 at 7:14 PM, Matt D said:

I caught the FTR match. Not much to say but I loved the spot where Cash set up the tag with his outstretched foot so that the ref would be distracted by Dax feigning like he had a right to be in the ring, thus creating a transition moment where Cash could rake the eyes and take back over on offense. That's the stuff right there.

That's why The Revival/FTR's my favourite tag team in the world since 2016. Great match quality with little details like that.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Linus said:

Am I the only one who would watch a feeder promotion featuring Shawn Dean, Will Hobbs, Corey Hollis, Griff Garrison, KiLynn King, Anna Jay, 5, 10, Brady Pierce, Pineapple Pete, Serpentico, Robert Anthony, Joe Alonzo, Skyler Moore, Christi Jaynes, Dani Jordan, Faboo Andre, Rache Chanel, and the like? You can even have the AEW mid-carders headlining shows...

Isn't that called Dark?

• Like 2

As if AEW didn't need to be compared to WCW even more, the rumor is that the "moderator" for the Jericho and Orange Cassidy debate is

Spoiler

Eric Bischoff 

Also on the idea of a feeder system, I just wish they would change it up every now and then.  I mean when the WWE did dark matches or squash matches it wasn't really the same people for 6 months straight.  Maybe that will change when it isn't empty arena shows.

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, A_K said:

Isn't that called Dark?

As it is right now yeah.  But if I'm understanding right it seems like he would like to see them featured and maybe have their own stories to go with.  And you know what?  Sure, why not?  Considering Cody's opening up a training school later this year for all we know that could be a nice proving ground type show.  Not sure how you would do that now especially since Dark covers most of that.  But when things open back up I wouldn't mind seeing what they do with it.

If the guys working Dark were going 50/50 with each other in between losing squashes to signed AEW stars, that would be better. Considering Avalon & Cutler are doing a 'Never Won' gimmick, we need guy like Lee Johnson to not be racking up the losses to where they have identical numbers of losses.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like that they use the best picture of him possible... And he still looks like a dirt bag. ?

THEY SPENT 45 MINUTES TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT ANGLE AND THAT WAS THE BEST THEY COULD DO.

This seriously warms my heart. Guy busted his fucking ass for so long and gets a huge opportunity and hit a grand slam. Took a week and a day but he gets rewarded. 

Relive Kevin Garnett's Epic Scream On Anniversary Of Celtics' 2008 ...

Somebody mentioned Lufisto being in a similar position and that's true. The border is still closed sadly but hopefully when the world chills the fuck out, she can get a shot. The tag tournament would've been a prime time to test the waters.

Maybe I'm a little overhyped right now, but I'll say if they don't have Kingston main event a big show within a year, they're missing out.  The goal should be to have him in the mix with the top guys.  I'm not saying put him there immediately, but you could even say it should be the short-term goal.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Maybe I'm a little overhyped right now, but I'll say if they don't have Kingston main event a big show within a year, they're missing out.  The goal should be to have him in the mix with the top guys.  I'm not saying put him there immediately, but you could even say it should be the short-term goal.

This. I think he's the guy that I'm most excited about seeing regularly on the show. 

• Like 2

Cardona is on a 5 appearance deal supposedly, so you guys can calm down with the screeching about him being signed.

Also - all of a sudden, AEW has a few Roddy Piper merch items on their website.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like that they use the best picture of him possible... And he still looks like a dirt bag. ?

Eddie Kingston looking any other way would be wrong.

Count me in as being happy as fuck that King got signed.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

MJF is facing Moxley in about a month, so I don't think that's going to happen. Cody's yet to have a program with anybody for the TNT belt, so I see Kingston being the first real feud for Cody the champion.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

MJF is facing Moxley in about a month, so I don't think that's going to happen. Cody's yet to have a program with anybody for the TNT belt, so I see Kingston being the first real feud for Cody the champion.

Hopefully, Kingston beats Cody for the TNT title.

• Like 3

The matches for next week's Dark has been revealed. I'm not happy that Serpentico isn't teaming up with Luther again, hopefully this is just temporary.

They've also pitted my two boy tag teams against each other. I'm not sure who I'd root for more out of Cutler/Avalon vs. Kiss/Janella. Normally I'd say Cutler/Avalon because I want them to get their first win, but Kiss/Janella is really good also.

I get the feeling Cutler/Avalon is leading to a singles match with a "must be a winner" stipulation (which like seemingly everything else booking wise they're probably saving for when they can have crowds again)

13 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Ayyyyyyyyyyy

Being honest, I'm very happy about this news. IMHO he had the best showing in the whole TNT Open Challenge thus far. I just hope they can find a good place for him and find interesting things for Kingston to do now that he's officially part of the roster. He's got the whole persona and promo thing just nailed down.

As for MJF, it might be too early, but I'm almost of a mind that MJF should win the belt and hold it for like a year if not longer. The issue is this pandemic and how much longer we are going to be stuck in this. Fans might not even be returning to arenas for big events like this in the US for another year at least. I'm not a doctor or scientist. I don't know that for certainty. But that's what city of LA was saying in April. 

Edited by TheVileOne