DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

After a week down a bloody lucha rabbit hole I want it to be old man LA Park if we're gonna ask for old WCW people, him and Cody just beating each other's ass with weight belts. Not gonna happen sadly.

Parka's kids are more likely than Parka.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wagner's kid in AEW though, he seems to be better than Parka's kids.

13 minutes ago, alstein said:

Parka's kids are more likely than Parka.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wagner's kid in AEW though, he seems to be better than Parka's kids.

You’ll get Alberto el Patron and like it!

Starks/Hobbs or the Allin match, undecided which I loved more but they were both solid imo

Oh god now sabbatelli is over here? Please CROM don't let JR call any of his matches, please! 

Now Avalon/Cutler vs B&B, pretty good stuff. Loved Cutler getting upset at Avalon for the cheap shot behind the ref's back only for B&B to completely maul Cutler for the W before they decimated Avalon on the outside. Hope this gets story advancement, Cutler was almost close to picking up the W but he wasted a minute or two yelling at Avalon, letting Blade recover before Butcher ran in for the double team. I almost never agree with JR but Cutler not going for the pin had me yelling at the screen haha. To their credit I'm invested in this tag team getting their first win, so hats off for making me gaf

• Like 1

Mike Tyson is reportedly fighting an exhibition boxing match against Roy Jones Jr. in September, so anything that might have been in the works with Jericho at All Out would seem to be off.

Edited by EVA

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

Mike Tyson is reportedly fighting an exhibition boxing match against Roy Jones Jr. in September, so anything that might have been in the works with Jericho at All Out would seem to be off.

It's an exhibition bout promoted by him. He can do essentially whatever he wants.

Of course.  But it would seem unlikely he’d fuck around with some wrestling shit just a week or two out from a (theoretically) much larger boxing payday.

But it’s Mike Tyson, so who knows.

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Of course.  But it would seem unlikely he’d fuck around with some wrestling shit just a week or two out from a (theoretically) much larger boxing payday.

But it’s Mike Tyson, so who knows.

It was gonna be smoke and mirrors regardless. He's not gonna be taking flat back bumps anyway.

15 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Next week's Dark is STACKED. Wow.

* Penelope Ford vs. Kenzie Paige

* Evil Uno and Stu Grayson of The Dark Order vs. Captain Shawn Dean and Will Hobbs

* Wardlow vs. Aaron Solow

* Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss vs. Pineapple Pete and Michael Nakazawa

* Sammy Guevara vs. Fuego del Sol

* Scorpio Sky vs. Corey Hollis

* Abadon vs. Skyler Moore

* Lance Archer vs. Frankie Thomas

* Orange Cassidy vs. Serpentico

* FTR vs. Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler

* Best Friends vs. John Silver and Alex Reynolds of The Dark Order

* SCU vs. Private Party vs. Santana and Ortiz in the main event

Murderhawk vs. The Big Hurt, man. Things I didn't expect to see in 2020 but here we are. There are two name job teams and an actual main event that you'd normally see on a Dynamite episode (not as Dynamite's main event, but you get what I mean).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fan on Twitter: Cody, are you a face or heel?

I’m a competitor. Those dated tropes don’t exist in wrestling anymore. Fans are more educated and hold our industry to the same standards as any other comparable form of entertainment.

"Dated tropes" says the guy who walks around with a belt with Ted Turner's house on the sideplates, has Arn Anderson as a manager, teases horsemen reunions, wears a GAB throwback logo shirt, etc etc etc etc. 

If faces and heels are such dated tropes that we need to get past, why is his company headlined by the Inner Circle, a really hot heel act?  I guess MJF and Jungle Boy are total shades of grey characters.  Jesus, this guy is a clown.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I'm giving Cody the benefit of the doubt and reading that whole deal as a heel response. 

Considering how worked up he got one person in this thread I am inclined to agree. ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I'm giving Cody the benefit of the doubt and reading that whole deal as a heel response. 

Yeah I'm hoping the whole act is some meta heel thing, like he saw how dumb Vince's old "shades of grey" promo was and decided to go with that.  ?

@Octopus holy shit that Cody meme.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3