DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

3 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Thanks for the link.

What do think? 

It sure seemed to me Moxley was genuine in his expressive excitement over this surprise happening tomorrow night. But maybe I’m getting fooled. Would love to know what you all think this could be about. 

Sorry, dude, I don't have time to check it out right now.  But me personally I try not to pay too much attention to stuff like that and see what what happens come show time.  I do know that with a lot of released WWE talent now being free it could be anybody from there.  Who that would be unlike you I don't know (see what I did there?)

Edited by NikoBaltimore

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Sorry, dude, I don't have time to check it out right now.  But me personally I try not to pay too much attention to stuff like that and see what what happens come show time.  I do know that with a lot of released WWE talent now being free it could be anybody from there.  Who that would be unlike you I don't know (see what I did there?)

Ok everyone...listen to the last 4 minutes of the tape. 

I just listened to it again and I got some of it wrong. Moxley is talking about a huge surprise and it will excite the hardcore fans who follow the business worldwide but then was about to express why causal fans will get excited but got interrupted by the host of the show. 

I don’t think this your typical BS...this is something Moxley is pumped for in a big way. 

Maybe something to do with New Japan Wrestler or the organization itself?

Please give it a listen (very last 4 minutes) and put down what you think. Thanks. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

I just listened to it again and I got some of it wrong. Moxley is talking about a huge surprise and it will excite the hardcore fans who follow the business worldwide but then was about to express why causal fans will get excited but got interrupted by the host of the show. 

I don’t think this your typical BS...this is something Moxley is pumped for in a big way. 

Maybe something to do with New Japan Wrestler or the organization itself?

Please give it a listen (very last 4 minutes) and put down what you think. Thanks. 

I think like normal you’re way overthinking things. Plus based on how crappy Tony Kahn’s “big surprises or announcements that were going to change the wrestling industry forever” were two weeks ago this should be taken with a major grain of salt. 

As most New Japan fans know they have a big event happening on Saturday so there’s a less than .0001% chance any of their guys worth hyping up (Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi, or Jay White) show up on Dynamite tomorrow.

Also I don’t see Miro (or whatever name they’d offer the former Rusev) bringing in any hardcore fans that weren’t already following the product. So that leaves the totally unattainable names (Punk, Rock, Austin, etc.) and unless they’re bullshitting everyone I don’t see CM Punk showing up.

After listening to the tape again it sounds like Moxley was very pleased with a match that happens tomorrow night involving a wrestler whom hardcore fans would know...so I think this excitement is for Cody vs WARHORSE. 

Moxley wanted to discuss why casual fans would also get excited and hooked but the host interrupted Moxley’s attempt to further promote tomorrow nights Dynamite show. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I think like normal you’re way overthinking things. Plus based on how crappy Tony Kahn’s “big surprises or announcements that were going to change the wrestling industry forever” were two weeks ago this should be taken with a major grain of salt. 

As most New Japan fans know they have a big event happening on Saturday so there’s a less than .0001% chance any of their guys worth hyping up (Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi, or Jay White) show up on Dynamite tomorrow.

Also I don’t see Miro (or whatever name they’d offer the former Rusev) bringing in any hardcore fans that weren’t already following the product. So that leaves the totally unattainable names (Punk, Rock, Austin, etc.) and unless they’re bullshitting everyone I don’t see CM Punk showing up.

Tomorrow night’s Dynamite is a taped show. I now think Moxley’s excitement is about the Cody/WARHORSE match. 

25 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Who is Warhorse? I’ve been hearing about him a lot lately but I’ve never seen a match of his.

I just posted a WARHORSE match in the 2020 matches thread. There's also a couple of old ones vs Gary Jay (from when he wasn't wearing the facepaint, and was 'Warhorse' Jake Parnell rather than WARHORSE) in both the Clubbering and Blood Sucking threads. Also, there's this:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

It’s gotta be Cena. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I listened to the interview and you could tell Mox was excited. Maybe it had to do with the car he stole from Jericho. Car could have been dinged up. Keyed even. Cars can get keyed. Keyed again? For a second time? Re-keyed. Who keyed? He? Or was it she? Re-keyed, She. Re-key she. Rikishi! Rikishi vs Mox for the title.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

There was a point late in the interview where Moxley got all excited and repeated 3 times that there was going to be a huge surprise on Wednesday night which will help hook casual lapse wrestling fans to AEW. Moxley said he wasn’t going to give the surprise away but it will be a huge surprise. The excitement from Moxley seemed very genuine. 

300SgNpEUK.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah I don’t see Moxley getting excited for Glacier, sorry.

If it’s Disco Inferno I’ll eat a fucking hat. He has about a good of a chance as showing up in AEW as Jim Cornette does, I’d say.

18 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Now I'm going to be disappointed if it's not Kingston. I will be extra sad if it's that dork Warhorse.

Yeah I don’t get the appeal of him or someone like Danhausen. The very definition of indie, and not necessarily in a good way.

• Like 1

So does Diamante count as a local talent? She's not signed, but she's technically still one half of the WOW Tag Team Champions so I'm not sure if she counts. If so, she becomes the third local talent to win a match, joining Abadon and Serpentico.

I thought Cage had let Tazz go, so him having Starks join his stable was surprising. What do those two have in common exactly? I'm not seeing it.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

I just posted a WARHORSE match in the 2020 matches thread. There's also a couple of old ones vs Gary Jay (from when he wasn't wearing the facepaint, and was 'Warhorse' Jake Parnell rather than WARHORSE) in both the Clubbering and Blood Sucking threads. Also, there's this:

Thats Warhorse? He looks more like a pony. 

• Like 2