DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Here here. Let's admit it, they ain't much of a catch. We're not exactly talking about Bockwinkel/Stevens level talent. 

Funnily enough, Gallows and I are "Eskimo Brothers," which makes me chuckle, but that's where it stops.

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Here here. Let's admit it, they ain't much of a catch. We're not exactly talking about Bockwinkel/Stevens level talent. 

yeah okay Matt D, settle down. I'll take Gallows & Anderson over Butcher & The Blade, sorry.

• Like 3

Pepper has a cool mask but that's about it. They both have wives that are more famous than them. If they ever bring in Mike Kanellis, that'll be the holy trinity of mediocre workers with famous wrestling wives.

• Haha 1

Spears and Parks are both very solid yet unspectacular in the ring. And while Spears clearly doesn't have it, Parks has even less. I would imagine both would be very good trainers of the fundamentals of wrestling though.

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Spears and Parks are both very solid yet unspectacular in the ring. And while Spears clearly doesn't have it, Parks has even less. I would imagine both would be very good trainers of the fundamentals of wrestling though.

Yeah, I have no clue why AEW is supposedly still borrowing trainees for extras and using rings that Chasyn Rance owns when Shawn Spears has his own school in Florida, and is on their payroll, but hey, I'm just some dude on the internet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, I have no clue why AEW is supposedly still borrowing trainees for extras and using rings that Chasyn Rance owns when Shawn Spears has his own school in Florida, and is on their payroll, but hey, I'm just some dude on the internet.

No, people (the Roverts of this world) were attacking AEW for booking Ivelisse because she was training at Teen Vision Dojo last month. But then Moose did his thing, and suddenly AEW was the least Rance-adjacent of the three companies running on TV.

Who is the Butcher married to?

• Thanks 1

Rance says differently on social media, but, I mean, I'm going to trust you more than a convicted sex offender and people like Rovert.

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

Who is the Butcher married to?

No idea, I was talking about Blade/Pepper Parks.

Some less than stellar stuff mixed with high end hijinx. The Omega stuff was awesome. The ending is so good. John Boy! Let's kill Brandon. Oh and two bald dudes I guess. 

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Pepper has a cool mask but that's about it.

He sure does, but it's not even his!! It's the Dr. Decker mask from Nightbreed, but in black instead of gauze-y brownish white.

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Teen Vision Dojo

If this is merely a typo, it's the greatest typo in history. If it was intentional, you made me laugh super fucking hard at my office desk, so thank you for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Some less than stellar stuff mixed with high end hijinx. The Omega stuff was awesome. The ending is so good. John Boy! Let's kill Brandon. Oh and two bald dudes I guess. 

"That sounds like a moan"

On 7/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, Casey said:

They both have wives that are more famous than them. If they ever bring in Mike Kanellis, that'll be the holy trinity of mediocre workers with famous wrestling wives.

I'm an NJPW mark through and through but I've got an IWGP Heavyweight Champion I'd love to tell you about. And it isn't even Kensuke.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm an NJPW mark through and through but I've got an IWGP Heavyweight Champion I'd love to tell you about. And it isn't even Kensuke.

Yes, I’m well aware that he’s with Io. Pretty sure EVIL doesn’t and won’t ever work for AEW, though. That’s what I was talking about. It won’t happen, but there’s more of a chance that Mike Kanellis will go to AEW than there is for EVIL.

Did anyone of you listen to Moxley on ESPN’s Dan Lebatard (spelling?) show this morning?

There was a point late in the interview where Moxley got all excited and repeated 3 times that there was going to be a huge surprise on Wednesday night which will help hook casual lapse wrestling fans to AEW. Moxley said he wasn’t going to give the surprise away but it will be a huge surprise. The excitement from Moxley seemed very genuine. 

Off hand I can’t really think of a surprise which would fit Moxley’s description other than a Sting appearance. If this ESPN interview with Moxley pops up anywhere before tomorrow night I will copy it on to this thread. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well, I'll be damned he was right.  I don't have time to listen to it but here's the link to the page if y'all want to check it out.  http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/9941853

Thanks for the link.

What do think? 

It sure seemed to me Moxley was genuine in his expressive excitement over this surprise happening tomorrow night. But maybe I’m getting fooled. Would love to know what you all think this could be about.