DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

I asked this in the other thread but it got no response, so again: is Darby out of the doghouse for the allegations against him? Was whatever that was disproven or is everyone's memory so short? (Mine must be because I can't remember the exact details, but that's no surprise) 

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I asked this in the other thread but it got no response, so again: is Darby out of the doghouse for the allegations against him? Was whatever that was disproven or is everyone's memory so short? (Mine must be because I can't remember the exact details, but that's no surprise) 

Nothing really came of it from what I saw. The allegations were of emotional abuse and manipulation from an ex-partner but there's language in the tweet that make it sound like there was some physical stuff too. Maybe it's because the ex is remaining anonymous that nothing's happened but Darby sounds like he's a grade A asshole at the very least. I don't believe he's released a response either.

• Like 2

Shadow’s note to Mr. Tony Khan:

Please bring in/debut Miroslav as a face and have him destroy Cody in an open challenge for TNT Championship. This destruction of Cody makes Cody do full turn and ushers in new “4 horsemen” with FTR and Spears/Tully/Arn.

Miroslav as a face who starts out as dominating face who believes in justice..yada..yada....who begins his AEW career destroying Cody is all gold.

Do it Khan. Do it. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

So, you've given up on predicting things and now you're just asking for them? What happened to your confidence, man?

WARHORSE vs Cody next week.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

So, you've given up on predicting things and now you're just asking for them? What happened to your confidence, man?

WARHORSE vs Cody next week.

If Cardona doesn't show up at Impact's show this Saturday, I'd say it's almost a lock that he debuts on Wednesday for AEW.

With Orange Cassidy's newfound power to bring forth a downpour of orange juice at will, given the enterprising folks at AEW (especially the Demogod himself), surely it's only a matter of time before OC and Jericho get on the same page, team up and we are introduced to a 'Little Bit of the Freshly Squeezed' pre-mixed mimosa?

Then once Cardona debuts, he brings out the some god-awful Long Island Iced Tea, then FTR with a manly beer then Page with a bourbon. They could go from T-Shirt company to beverage company in no time.

Anyway, I'm all for Miro coming in and wrecking stuff, however with the record of the previous recently-debuting physically-imposing gentlemen (Cobb, Brodie Lee, Brian Cage) I wouldn't rate his chances challenging Moxley.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Custos said:

With Orange Cassidy's newfound power to bring forth a downpour of orange juice at will, given the enterprising folks at AEW (especially the Demogod himself), surely it's only a matter of time before OC and Jericho get on the same page, team up and we are introduced to a 'Little Bit of the Freshly Squeezed' pre-mixed mimosa?

Then once Cardona debuts, he brings out the some god-awful Long Island Iced Tea, then FTR with a manly beer then Page with a bourbon. They could go from T-Shirt company to beverage company in no time.

You joke but I would buy some of that stuff in a heartbeat.  Well, at least the beer and bourbon part.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Custos said:

Anyway, I'm all for Miro coming in and wrecking stuff, however with the record of the previous recently-debuting physically-imposing gentlemen (Cobb, Brodie Lee, Brian Cage) I wouldn't rate his chances challenging Moxley.

It’s just another reason why they can’t bring on Miroslav as another big man heel. 

They should have A J Gray under contract and pushed by now. And if there's any two wrestlers who were in WWE, badly underutilised there, and deserve chances to prove they both could be real ratings and merch draws, there's ACH and Lio Rush. Can you imagine ACH vs Kenny Omega? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

They should have A J Gray under contract and pushed by now. And if there's any two wrestlers who were in WWE, badly underutilised there, and deserve chances to prove they both could be real ratings and merch draws, there's ACH and Lio Rush. Can you imagine ACH vs Kenny Omega? 

From what I've seen of A J Gray I like him quite a bit.  I can see him in there though not sure where he would fit with all that's going on.  ACH I sympathized with when the tshirt bullshit happened.  But considering where he took things after that I don't know if he'd be somebody they would feel okay with bringing in.  Maybe with a fresh start and more freedom he might be okay.  As for Lio he would be great and I'm sure the atmosphere in AEW would work worlds better for him.  But he's had his baggage whether it's deserved or not.  So there's no guarantee that AEW can look past some of that.  But purely from what they bring on screen I would be happy to see all three there.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

8 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I'm a Miro fan, he's hilarious and can go. But A) he seems happy outside of wrestling for now and B) if they're bringing in more top singles guys it's past time to diversify that division.

C) given he tested positive,  id presume no one uses him live for at least a month. 

So, listening to Talk'N Shop right now.... I don't think Gallows & Anderson are coming to AEW anytime soon. It sounds like they have some heat with either Omega, Cody or Tony Khan over telling them for months and months in 2019 that they were coming, then re-signing with WWE. They're apparently on good terms with the Bucks now, though. Interesting to note that both AEW and New Japan both agreed that they could work dates for both companies originally.

Gallows & Anderson both say that the original plan for their debut in AEW would have been to close the first ever Dynamite by coming out, aligning with the Bucks with a too sweet, then immediately turning on them and beating them down.

Edited by Casey

That sounds dumb and I'm glad they didn't sign. They're a perfectly fine tag team and while maybe there's a chance their slow as molasses pace would force some of the teams AEW has to work smarter not harder, I think it'd miss more than it hits. 

• Like 1

I agree, I'm happy with what we ended up with. Although I do really like both of them as a tag team, and wouldn't mind them in AEW, but that division is absolutely stacked anyway. I hope they kill it in Impact (and eventually New Japan).

All I know for sure is that Talk'N Shop A Mania will be a better show than the last 3 weeks of AEW ?

Edited by Casey

Not sure they need to be looking to add anyone right now to be honest: they've added quite a few new pieces over the past months. Others are coming back. Add more talent on top and some are just going to be lost in the shuffle.

• Like 1

Yeah, the only real "dream match" for the good brothers in AEW is another set of brothers; The Brothers Lucha. I'd pay money to see that. The rest? Eh. I've never understood the hype behind Gallows & Anderson, though. 

19 hours ago, Casey said:

So, listening to Talk'N Shop right now.... I don't think Gallows & Anderson are coming to AEW anytime soon. It sounds like they have some heat with either Omega, Cody or Tony Khan over telling them for months and months in 2019 that they were coming, then re-signing with WWE. They're apparently on good terms with the Bucks now, though. Interesting to note that both AEW and New Japan both agreed that they could work dates for both companies originally.

Gallows & Anderson both say that the original plan for their debut in AEW would have been to close the first ever Dynamite by coming out, aligning with the Bucks with a too sweet, then immediately turning on them and beating them down.

Fightful's Patreon says the AEW name they have heat with is Jericho. Jericho apparently has hiring influence and sounds like he was embarrassed they didn't sign with AEW.

Not sure they need to be looking to add anyone right now to be honest: they've added quite a few new pieces over the past months. Others are coming back. Add more talent on top and some are just going to be lost in the shuffle.

Yeah, I think Gallows and Anderson will be fine and they would get lost in the shuffle in AEW right now. AEW shouldn't and can't take everybody. 

Edited by TheVileOne

The male side of the roster is already overloaded with guys.

As someone who defended AEW’s women’s division early on I think anyone new signed from this point forward should be some more female talent. 

• Like 2