DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Pineapple Pete & Brady Pierce vs Serpentico & Luther... they're really teasing the possibility of giving Suge an actual win. They aren't going to do it (not here at least), but they want us to believe.

I'm super excited about this match simply because it means at least one local talent will get a win and become the second to get a victory!

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

"But I don't wanna be murdered..."

"This injury has been lonely!"

MJF annihilated Matt with the nose line.

And yeah, that Griff Garrison bit fucking KILLED ME. OMG Dork Odor as a comedy act on BTE is the best incarnation yet. John Silver is MVP and the Uno papers gag never misses. Haven't ever laughed at a BTE gag like I have that one. ? I'm going to be so sad when Brodie trims the fat from his cult, I mean his group of friends.

• Like 2

Just now, Death From Above said:

I didn't even know there WAS a podcast. All I watch are Dark and Dynamite.

Every Thursday is a new episode, with the following Monday posting the video version.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I didn't even know there WAS a podcast. All I watch are Dark and Dynamite.

To add to what Casey said I like the podcast quite a bit.  Tony and Aubrey seem like great friends who have casual conversations with their guests.  There is a fair amount of "Yeah, AEW!" in it so if that's not your style then that might be grating.  But if you're up for it it's well worth checking out.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Just started watching this week's BTE, but as someone who is doing 18/6 or 20/4 fasting along with keto, it makes me really fucking jealous whenever I see Kenny eating Sour Patch Kids or Hangman eating Skittles.

I'd fucking kill for a bag of Skittles right now. Not the wild berry ones that Hangman had though, just some OG Skittles.

All this time trying to rehab Dark Order and I think BTE will finally get them where they need to be.  It kind of has that 80s cartoon style to it where they may get the occasional upper hand but Brodie and his evil henchman trying to recruit but failing in hilarious ways just feels so right.  I know I definitely liked them more since they started with this.

• Like 2

The cartoony zaniness hasn't made its way to tv and I don't think it will because Brodie Lee shouldn't be portrayed as the leader of nincompoops even though that's kind of what he is. Hence, I think in the not too distant future the comedy geeks are kicked out. Until then I am going to enjoy John Boy in these sketches. 

• Like 2

I did find the Matt Hardy part of BTE to be hilarious:

1.  TNA Matt Hardy thinking that MJF was EC3 and Wardlow was Tyrus

2.  Matt Hardy training Private Party with an interruption by Broken Matt about the origins of "botch".   Watching both of Private Party failed in holding back their laughter

3.  Whatever the hell was the Kazarian thing with Hardy.  I would like to think it is him mocking Cameron Grimes but there is probably more of a story

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jiji said:

The cartoony zaniness hasn't made its way to tv and I don't think it will because Brodie Lee shouldn't be portrayed as the leader of nincompoops even though that's kind of what he is. Hence, I think in the not too distant future the comedy geeks are kicked out. Until then I am going to enjoy John Boy in these sketches. 

Actually I don't want this to be on TV either and prefer this to be strictly on BTE.  Much like you have Bucks/Kenny/Omega/Cutler try to get into a Chili's commercial this stuff isn't really meant to crossover into anything else.  It's just wacky entertainment that I enjoy.  So yeah, bumbling underlings in DO are very much cool with me.  Now if you did want to tie it in somehow then if Colt gets fully into Dark Order's group you can use him to try and recruit his friends on BTE.

And to Hammerva's point one of my favorite things about BTE are when they break character.  You can see Matt Jackson laughing at the end of his bit right before they cut to something else.  Same for Private Party.  There are times where I wish they would have those long-form stories like they did in the past.  But those were different times and I at this point am very cool with what's essentially a sketch comedy show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

3.  Whatever the hell was the Kazarian thing with Hardy.  I would like to think it is him mocking Cameron Grimes but there is probably more of a story

Kazarian has been doing it for weeks now. He's actually been doing it longer than that and it was basically him channeling Bob Holly. That then expanded to what we've seen over the last few weeks where something happened between him and Hardy and an old southern wrestler persona took over Kaz. Last week Kaz was made aware of what's going on and this week he sought out Matt to undo whatever happened to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

More and more I'm thinking Cage is going to beat Moxley in a Sting took Vader too lightly kind of way.

The Road To video seems like there's enough evidence to point that it may happen.  Which is good with me since I think Mox needs that chase to maintain his edge.  But then that means that when Darby comes back against Cage it could be for the title.  That part I'm not so sure about.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

To add to what Casey said I like the podcast quite a bit.  Tony and Aubrey seem like great friends who have casual conversations with their guests.  There is a fair amount of "Yeah, AEW!" in it so if that's not your style then that might be grating.  But if you're up for it it's well worth checking out.

I watched a couple last night and it seems like fun, light content. The Nyla Rose one was quite good. Tony in general seems to be genuinely having the best time in AEW.

• Like 1