DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

1 minute ago, Casey said:

It’s definitely not Havoc and Sabian, since spoilers have been out for a few days, and they’re nowhere to be found in the results.

Thanks for the spoiler.

It’s a spoiler that Jimmy Havoc isn’t in the results, because it’s widely known he’s in rehab? Or that Kip Sabian isn’t on the card, since... y’know, the card is already announced and the only match that has changed is Mox/Cage... which also isn’t a spoiler?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

It’s a spoiler that Jimmy Havoc isn’t in the results, because it’s widely known he’s in rehab? Or that Kip Sabian isn’t on the card, since... y’know, the card is already announced and the only match that has changed is Mox/Cage... which also isn’t a spoiler?

I was fuckin around with you since you had already announced you read the spoilers and then proceeded to say you weren't impressed...which basically unconsciously infers you want everyone else to read those spoilers too.

Nah, if people are able to watch it live and unspoiled, I say do it. The only reason I did was because of my work schedule.

I was more or less only confirming that the 8 man tag is indeed an 8 man tag and that Kip isn’t on the show at all (that I remember). It seems they’re placing him in a manager/lackey role for Penelope, which honestly I’m fine with since I enjoy watching her develop more and more each time she wrestles than seeing Kip in the ring doing what a million other guys can do better.

I’m curious about Taz’s announcement, though. That wasn’t in the spoilers at all, so it sounds like it might be a pre-tape thing maybe.

I will say that I eagerly await the post-show thread, though. It’s going to be interesting.

(Okay I’m done being cryptic and teasing ?)

If the Dark Order win the Tag titles, they could Freebird Rule them between three different teams: Uno/ Grayson, Silver/ Reynolds and Angels/ Vance. And possibly also Brodie and Colt.

53 minutes ago, Peck said:

Two hours since Dark ended and no one has mentioned Taz referencing Rochelle, Rochelle on Seinfeld?  What happened to this board???

They didn't want to get banned? 

After a few weeks I've come to the conclusion Cutler/Avalon & Bates are honestly one of my favourite acts in the company.

The Butcher doing Pentagon's hand gesture thing was awesome. The Butcher rules.

I think it was Craig H that said he was upset they have Britt Baker in a feud with Big Swole because Big Swole sucks. After seeing her wrestle tonight, well, he's not wrong.

• Like 3

Yeah, she's really rough around the edges. Good presence and all that but bell-to-bell not good. I think you can see a lot of the problems represented in her finisher: too much shit going on that she can't pull off smoothly more often than not.

31 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

After a few weeks I've come to the conclusion Cutler/Avalon & Bates are honestly one of my favourite acts in the company.

The Butcher doing Pentagon's hand gesture thing was awesome. The Butcher rules.

I think it was Craig H that said he was upset they have Britt Baker in a feud with Big Swole because Big Swole sucks. After seeing her wrestle tonight, well, he's not wrong.

Yeah, I don't think Britt is a great in ring performer, but she has a top tier character and she needs to be programmed against GOOD workers to get better and not, you know, Big Swole.

Honestly, I think Big Swole is super indy and generic. Her name is Big Swole and yet most of the division is bigger than her and stronger than her. They also can do shit in the ring better than her.

36 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

It’s a great storyline for two bottom level talent (no offense, but that’s where they are). Looking forward to see how it plays out. 

Butcher/Blade/Lucha Bros vs FABOO ANDRE and some other scrubs was a fun squash and maybe the first 8-man squash match I've ever seen. Good to see Fenix and Pentagon back, hopefully Pac can rejoin soon. Perhaps AEW can set up some remote matches with anyone stuck in Canada or the UK and show them on Dark so we can keep up with them.

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I love Big Swole the person and the character but do admit she's a bit rough in her wrestling.  It also didn't help she was against somebody that wasn't the smoothest in the ring either.  Though I did like Chanel's gimmick hopefully she gets better in-ring in time.

As for Dark I kind of skipped around as I for some reason don't care to watch Spears squashes.  And while I love SCU for some reason I'm not that super into individual squash matches from them.  But I did love the crap out of that 8-man squash and dug the Allie/Brandi segment as well.  It was also funny to see the flash knockout from Orange as I was kind of expecting a struggle against his opponent.  But it does help establish that going into his match against Jericho.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Butcher/Blade/Lucha Bros vs FABOO ANDRE and some other scrubs was a fun squash and maybe the first 8-man squash match I've ever seen. Good to see Fenix and Pentagon back, hopefully Pac can rejoin soon. Perhaps AEW can set up some remote matches with anyone stuck in Canada or the UK and show them on Dark so we can keep up with them.

I remember a WCW Worldwide 8 man squash with the Studd Stable mauling 4 jobbers which was *chef's kiss*. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

EcWo2U_UMAAQNhy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Doesn’t every company borrow or outright steal ideas from another at some point? 

Anyhow like Casey said the part I’m most looking forward to tonight other than Jericho/OC is what Taz is going to have for a big announcement. Hopefully it will deliver better than whatever Nyla does (as I don’t see them signing a huge name opponent for her).

19 hours ago, Peck said:

Two hours since Dark ended and no one has mentioned Taz referencing Rochelle, Rochelle on Seinfeld?  What happened to this board???

I would have brought it up, I'm just watching Dark now. I did notice JR's "Serenity Now" on Dynamite last week.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I heard Taz's "Rochelle, Rochelle" reference.

Zipped thru Dark, liked it overall. Taz and Excalibur on commentary kinda give me a Heenan/Dusty Saturday night vibe. Just chuckling at the characters and action in ring when they're not rambling all over the place on random ideas. Their commentary on the Swole/Chanel match had me dying. Unfamiliar  with Chanel but them slaying it during her entrance had me rewind a few times as I kept laughing and missing little bits. 2nd favorite 2-announcer combo after Tony and Jericho. Much love for the 8 man squash. Seeing Lucha Bros and Butcher and Blade gel so good so fast was neat, and I loved the crazy combo attacks. I'll feel just a tiny bit disappointment if Cutler and Avalon don't join the Dark Order. Now that they're gelling as a team I think they could sign up and set the Dark Order loose on all the stables as they chase the titles. Some folks probably don't want faction wars and that's fine, just a little hope of mine. The crowd shots for Nakazawa giving that guy the Assface (or whatever Taz called it) was tremendous! Aubrey snatching the baby oil from Nakazawa and chucking it at the Spanish Announcers Desk was more good times.

Sarcastic thoughts while watching- Hey, we got the Ghost of Pants Free JR making an appearance! Taz going on about Pillman Jrs physique got a hearty chuckle. Evil Unos mask for some reason reminds me of Sharkboy. The teeth, maybe? If Butcher and Blade faced Uno and Grayson, would the Grayson and Blade spontaneously combust if they made contact like in Timecop? Is OC the long lost twin of Heath Slater? Legit when Slater popped up on Raw for a fraction  of a second I confused him for OC. The eyes?

Fun breezy show, has me wanting to look up the best of Pillman Jr now, plus more matches from that wacky Chanel.

I love that my wife and I are so compelled by the Cutler/Avalon story that's been developing on Dark. Every time we see them we want them to win just so much more. It's been a while since I've felt that way about a wrestler, it's quite refreshing.

Glad I got to see my boy FABOO ANDRE again, if only for a little bit.

LOVE The Butcher more and more these past few weeks, dude just screams pro wrestling.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

This is the best work of Tony Schiavone's career. If you dislike this begone from my presence. 

I really want to know what the behind the scenes reasoning behind this was. I'm so curious.

I saw a couple minutes of that before having to go to bed.  But Tony gladly doing commentary for this gives me so much joy.  Just when I think he can't be more in love with wrestling again he does stuff like this.  If I ever meet him I just want to give him a big ol' hug.  Though in these times a fist or elbow bump will suffice.

Edited by NikoBaltimore