DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2020

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I'm guessing somebody like Arisa Nakajima is also married to Seadlinnng, right? Would she ever leave or is she too tight with Nanae? She's one of the better women from the non-Stardom promotions alongside Chihiro and Iroha from the bits I've seen (Satomura goes without saying but she likely has ties to WWE still and won't leave Sendai Girls). They also likely have Riho and Sakazaki coming back when border restrictions ease. 

Not sure about Nakajima though that seems the most likely case. She basically should have been the leader of her generation, but when JWP died she didn't head to any promotion that really seemed likely to push her forward and has seemingly been satisfied with Seedlinnnng.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Would Iroha come to the USA or is she more comfortable basically being Chigusa's surrogate daughter?

She left a well paying promotion in Stardom where probably would have been champ in a year or two to mentor under Chigusa. She is also currently running Marvelous with Chigusa. Iroha probably isn't going anywhere any time soon unless she either has a fallout with Chigusa or Marvelous shuts downs. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Loving Dark so far

Lance Archers work, the physicality, him getting the opponent into the corner with the camera and mugging for the camera as he shit talks, hell yeah! Props to Pineapple Pete calling out Archer on Twitter last week and putting in some nice hope spots. Janela with the leaf blower, dude let that be his signature wrapon please like Sandman with the cane or Balls with the steelchair. My cousin and me always bring up reaching over the guardrail to grab a weapon like the WWE AKI games for n64 and I felt this was a nice tribute since he hopped the rail with leaf blower ready to go I think (may need to rewatch and see when he got the leaf blower). Archer and Janela on Night 2 should be ugly and physical and see one of them walk away with some nasty welts, in a perfect world 

Ricky Starks- damn I want more of his matches and more of his arrogance. Was kinda sad Taz dropped the beef with Garrison about being an Ivy Leaguer, but Garrison brought some fire in this and I wouldn't mind him and Starks having a mini feud over a few months, let them lock up in random tags and then toss em back into a heated singles series. I Could be way off but parts of this reminded me of MJF v Jungleboy recently, and I think they'd make great antagonists for each other 

Ahahahahahaha Allie in her tag was so much fun, as was Brandi correcting the announcer and clearing up that they aren't related. It's tiny things but I'm enjoying the direction of this story with it's new developments like Allie tagging in Brandi to get the W and Dustin being reluctant to raise Allie's hand after she copied his taunt and borrowed his bulldog. Can't wait to see tonight's matches asap, super hyped for both Fyter Fest and NXT

Edited by Hayabusa
Butcher and Blade chucking the guy across the ring like a lawn dart was wild!

In a move that was inevitable given the current state of the pandemic in the United States, AEW announced on Thursday that their Boston, MA, and Philadelphia, PA, Dynamite events will take place in 2021 instead.

The rescheduled show set for Philadelphia's Liacouras Center on July 29th (originally set for April 22nd) will now take place on Wednesday, April 7th while the Boston show at Agganis Arena on August 5th (originally set for April 15th) will now happen on Wednesday, April 21st.

In both cases, ticket buyers can hold their tickets for the respective shows or get refunds at their point of purchase. This will be the second time AEW has run both cities.

At this point, AEW still has six live dates scheduled for the duration of 2020: St. Louis, MO, (October 7th); Milwaukee, WI (October 28th); Houston, TX (November 4); Rochester, NY (November 11th); New Orleans, LA (December 2nd): and Albuquerque, NM (December 30th).

On 7/1/2020 at 10:48 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't know if NWA shut down or what they're doing considering Lagana.  But if she's able to get out of her contract then I need Thunder Rose in AEW immediately.  I had no idea how much she improved since Lucha Underground but holy crap is she great.  I would also love to see Marti Belle or Alison Kay in there if possible.

And Dark was fun for the Butcher and the Blade squash and the main event.  That squash had some wild moments and made me hope the jobbers were okay.  The main was super fun and is a key example of why I love Dark so much.  You follow the Avalon/Cutler story where they're both losers and hate each other.  Yet despite wanting to separate they have to face the Bucks.  And in the middle of their arguing mid-match they look like an actual team which led to them having a "Holy shit that worked!" look on their faces.  Just really well-done stuff and seeing them smiling while shaking hands is a great piece of story progression that doesn't need Dynamite to advance it.  There are times where a lot of the stuff on Dark doesn't land.  But man has it been fun to watch this play out.

The impression I got was NWA is letting folks go to other companies for the rest of 2019.

In some pandemic-related news, the loophole companies were doing to get NY/NJ based talent to FL got closed up.  PA is now doing the hypocritical quarantine requirement (I call it hypocritical because NY threatened to sue when people did it to them)  That might complicate bringing in Private Party/MJF/Janela.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1

Will Hobbs

Butcher, Blade & Lucha Bros vs Joe Alonzo, Faboo Andre, Tony Donate & Brady Pierce might be interesting.

21 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I didn't know they were able to use the Lucha Bros. again.

They returned a couple weeks ago and surprised Dax and Cash. They'll be in an eight-man tag Wednesday with Butcher and Blade vs FTR and the Bucks. Should be decent.

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1

"What crowd, there's only Austin Gunn!"

HAIR EXTENSIONS! ?

They haven't done an ending bit like that in a while. It's appreciated.

Edited by Oyaji

10 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

They returned a couple weeks ago and surprised Dax and Cash. They'll be in an eight-man tag Wednesday with Butcher and Blade vs FTR and the Bucks. Should be decent.

The graphic I saw had Kip Sabian and Jimmy Havoc in it instead of the Lucha Bros. That might not be right, though...

Edited by just drew

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

The graphic I saw had Kip Sabian and Jimmy Havoc in it instead of the Lucha Bros. That might not be right, though...

The aew on tnt account tweeted out the old pic the other day (and called it a 6 man tag). Everyone shouted them down in the replies and I assume it was deleted, but that may be what you saw. 

• Like 1

I hope you're right. That would be a massive downgrade. I was there for the Lucha Bros./Page and Omega match in Atlanta, and I try never to miss them if they're on tv.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, just drew said:

I hope you're right. That would be a massive downgrade. I was there for the Lucha Bros./Page and Omega match in Atlanta, and I try never to miss them if they're on tv.

I believe Havoc is in rehab so he won’t be on tv for a while. I’m excited for Lucha Bros to be back.