DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SUMMER CAMP!

Dolfan in NYC

On 7/16/2020 at 5:09 PM, RIPPA said:

You are literally the first person I have ever seen say anything bad about Thorne/Palmer

And I thought I was biased in liking the Thorne/Palmer team as much as I did.  I've been loving them for years and even in a bad season (last one for example) I'll tune in for their take on the team.  But without hearing their feed for that game I can't tell for sure if it's like Grilledcheese described it.  They do like to talk a lot so maybe.

I will say though that it was great to watch local baseball again even if it's only preseason.  I hate that cutting the cord means my only option to watch the O's is MLB TV.  Stupid MASN and Angelos being a stupid little shit.  But between that and a good VPN in case of blackout games I'm ready for the short season.

Well you are going to be disappointed because MASN made the decision to not use Thorne and Palmer this year (the are both in the high risk category)

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

This is your annual reminder: If you're a T-Mobile customer, you get MLB.TV for free.  Download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, log in, and redeem the offer.  

Sprint customers also now get this since the merger, just follow the steps @Tabe mentions above.  I wasn't terribly excited about this season, but having the options to see more A's games is at least something positive I guess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

This season of MLB should be free to view and they should pray people watch. 

Goodwill is hard to get and MLB could sure use some. 

People WILL watch.

But I agree 100% that MLB.tv should be free across all platforms.

Also, thanks a ton, @Tabe. I was worried that I could only watch the Phils when they came down here to face Miami, or had a national game. I wasn't gonna shell out money for this season.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gatling said:

Sprint customers also now get this since the merger, just follow the steps @Tabe mentions above.  I wasn't terribly excited about this season, but having the options to see more A's games is at least something positive I guess.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Per Bob Nightengale (take it for what its worth)

There are two series that the Jays wont be playing in Pittsburgh

One against the Yanks and one against the Nats. Those games will be in NY and DC respectively but Toronto will be the home team

Per multiple reports - the Dodgers and Mookie Betts are reportedly close on an extension believed to be 10 years and somewhere in the $350 to $400 million range.

But ya know - baseball isn't profitable

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per multiple reports - the Dodgers and Mookie Betts are reportedly close on an extension believed to be 10 years and somewhere in the $350 to $400 million range.

But ya know - baseball isn't profitable

Greedy-greedy Mookie!  Best owners in baseball!

There.  I beat Foz to it.

You cant fucking make this up

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/07/mlb-rumors-expanded-playoffs-2020-last-minute.html

Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association are in the midst of some eleventh-hour negotiations about expanding the playoffs for the 2020 season, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman tweets. An agreement would need to be in place before the first pitch of tomorrow’s Nationals/Yankees season opener. It’s not clear exactly when the two sides resumed their talks on an expanded postseason, which was a focal point of their failed negotiations in May and June, but Heyman suggests that there is “optimism” on both sides that an agreement will be reached.

etc...

21 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

They should just barnstorm for all 60 games, play in sandlots, HS fields, wherever they can get booked on the fly while travelling by train like some kind of old-timey circus.

I wish. But one of the big objections to going with Buffalo to begin with was the time and investment it would take to make it suitable for a major league broadcast. So there's no way they'd do that. 

34 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

they could play in the Iowa cornfield. 

speaking of which, is that game still scheduled? i live like an hour from the Field of Dreams but haven't been there since elementary school

2 minutes ago, twiztor said:

speaking of which, is that game still scheduled? i live like an hour from the Field of Dreams but haven't been there since elementary school

Yes though the Yankees were replaced with the Cards (since in the new schedule the Yanks and White Sox didn't play)

So yeah August 13 is the game.

Of course - who knows if there will be fans at the game

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I wish. But one of the big objections to going with Buffalo to begin with was the time and investment it would take to make it suitable for a major league broadcast. So there's no way they'd do that. 

Apparently, Omaha is the only minor league park that wouldn't need to be upgraded to MLB standards (because of the College World Series they are up to snuff for TV and lighting)

The latest rumors are one of three options

1) Play in Buffalo

2) Play in Baltimore

3) They are a nomadic team who will play home games in every park (ie: instead of NY going to the Jays, the Jays would go to NY but be the home team. Repeat for all the games)