DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SUMMER CAMP!

Dolfan in NYC

59 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

I don’t recall if that game is still viewable via the MLB.tv archive, but if it is, the natural park audio option is there for it.

But you’re right - Hawk Harrelson talked so much/loudly that you could hear him faintly in  the background of the Orioles telecast.

And it's not like Thorne and Palmer were any better.

But yeah, I love the ambient audio option, I wish it were accessible on the Fire TV app. I thought it was supposed to be across all platforms again after the big update last year.

19 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

And it's not like Thorne and Palmer were any better.

You are literally the first person I have ever seen say anything bad about Thorne/Palmer

• Like 2

So the Nats are looking at alternate locations for their games against the Yankees next week as for right now they have yet to receive approval to play in DC due to DC's regulations around COVID-19

The leader is Fredricksburg, VA is the early favorite due to it being their closest minor league team.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So the Nats are looking at alternate locations for their games against the Yankees next week as for right now they have yet to receive approval to play in DC due to DC's regulations around COVID-19

The leader is Fredricksburg, VA is the early favorite due to it being their closest minor league team.

Do they not own the Potomac team in Manassas anymore? 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You are literally the first person I have ever seen say anything bad about Thorne/Palmer

That game is my only beef with them. They are an awesome team, but I wish that they or their producers would have thought about having them shut the fuck up for two innings. It's just a thing I though that they missed the ball on.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Do they not own the Potomac team in Manassas anymore? 

Same team. They moved to Fredricksburg after the 2019 season.  The Nats don't own the club, though. Affiliate relationship only. 

Edited by grilledcheese

13 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

That game is my only beef with them. They are an awesome team, but I wish that they or their producers would have thought about having them shut the fuck up for two innings. It's just a thing I though that they missed the ball on.

I don’t think announcers are actually capable of shutting up. They’ve tried it a few times in Australian Rules Football this year with the empty stadiums, and inevitably they’ll start talking again within 10 seconds.  I just don’t think they know how to be quiet. 

20 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I don’t think announcers are actually capable of shutting up. They’ve tried it a few times in Australian Rules Football this year with the empty stadiums, and inevitably they’ll start talking again within 10 seconds.  I just don’t think they know how to be quiet. 

They gave tried it once or twice for NFL. 

Fox Soccer tried it years ago for the PL, as alternative feed. 

The Federal Government has denied the Blue Jays request to play home games in Canada.

They’d previously gotten permission from the City and Province. 

Edited by elizium

The latest rumblings regarding the Blue Jays is that they will open the season sharing PNC Park with the Pirates while getting the stadium in Buffalo up to the major league standards (basically the lighting and clubhouses need to be upgraded)

The claim is that the actual repairs would take a week and since the Jays have their first "home" game in 10 days - an alternate to Buffalo is most likely needed

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Brandon Niimo seems to like to talk a lot of shit now that he doesn't have to bat.

There is a time-honored easy fix for this. Lay down  a bunt towards the mound on the 1B side and spike the motherfucker when he comes over to cover the bag. Can't anybody here play this game?

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2020 at 6:39 PM, alstein said:

Also Puig tested positive, so he's not signed.

Tested positive for what? Bad attitude? Indifferent fielding? Surly demeanor? Oh, the virus... Got it!

On 7/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Brandon Niimo seems to like to talk a lot of shit now that he doesn't have to bat.

Did he get released because last I checked Outfielders are still required to bat

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Did he get released because last I checked Outfielders are still required to bat

Eh, I thought he was a pitcher because when they talked about him they referred to him as "Mets starter". 

I'll take solace in the Marlins winning two (2) World Series to the Mets zero (0) in his lifetime. 

And I still hope they throw one between his numbers in his first AB. 

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh, I thought he was a pitcher because when they talked about him they referred to him as "Mets starter". 

I'll take solace in the Marlins winning two (2) World Series to the Mets zero (0) in his lifetime. 

And I still hope they throw one between his numbers in his first AB. 

I prefer my methodology, young Dolfan... Why waste a perfectly good pitch?

This is your annual reminder: If you're a T-Mobile customer, you get MLB.TV for free.  Download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, log in, and redeem the offer.  

• Thanks 1