DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - SUMMER CAMP!

Dolfan in NYC

Turns out they did do the unbalanced "Natural rivalry" interleague bullshit

20 Interleague games (10 home, 10 road)
• Six games against the team’s natural Interleague rival (three home, three road)
• Four games apiece against two other opponents in the corresponding division (two home, two road)
• One three-game home series against a fourth opponent
• One three-game road series against a fifth opponent

Using the Yanks as the example

20 Interleague games
• Six vs. NYM (3 home, 3 road)
• Four vs. ATL (2 home, 2 road)
• Four vs. PHI (2 home, 2 road)
• Three vs. MIA (home)
• Three vs. WSH (road)

• Thanks 1

In an amazing bit of hubris - MLB has already announced the 2021 schedule

And I am keeping my comments about Yanks/Mets on the 20th anniversary of 9/11 to myself

• Haha 1

So it turns out the MLB chartered two flights out of the Dominican Republic last week for players and staff.

Thing was they didn’t test anyone before they got on the flight and that is where a large chunk of the positive tests have come from (not to mention the players who have to isolate)

Buster Posey is opting out

He and his wife are adopting identical twins who were just born prematurely

Well that Philly columnist can add him to the list of people he will call a pussy for not playing now (I am not linking to that story because I am not giving that troll the clicks)

7 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Vladdy Jr's focusing on first base going forward.

Also, Travis Shaw already seems to be getting squirrely about not being able to leave the Skydome hotel. Coolcoolcool.

1B/DH going forward.  And probably heavier on the DH until he decides to get his flabby ass into shape.  Shaw's frustration is that he can see the condo he bought during spring training a block away and he can't go there.  Is what it is

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Shaw's frustration is that he can see the condo he bought during spring training a block away and he can't go there.  Is what it is

It's a fair frustration. But between him and some of what Grichuk's been tweeting, it's clear that even at this early stage there's probably limited buy-in from the players with regard to what the Quarantine Act compels. If they're already kicking up a bitch like this after about a week, I'm not excited to see how the situation will devolve over the course of the season. 

Taking this issue from the other side, I'd like to see the government actually drop the hammer when push comes to shove. I'm doubtful. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1

Aroldis Chapman has tested positive for COVID

Aaron Boone said that Chapman has mild symptoms 

I feel like under the MLB guidelines - the entire team is supposed to quarantine but we know that won’t happen

Toronto has officially reached about to Buffalo about possibly playing their home games their instead of Toronto

Yes - it all stems from the severe restrictions on player movement that Canada is imposing on the team.

Everything is fine folks

In the latest on the Mets sale (and most of this is coming from the NY Post so take it for what its worth)

Some familiar NFL names are a part of the A-Rod/J-Lo bid - Brian Urlacher, Travis Kelce and DeMarco Murray.

Reportedly that groups' bid is $1.7 billion

Steve Cohen jumped back in the fry and is the highest bidder at $2 billion.

There is a report that Cohen offered a separate $2 billion for the TV network so that would seem to indicate its not part of the sale (which again would be comical)

The Wilpons reportedly want to sell to A-Rod/J-Lo if the offers are close

To be fair, the Premier League has been doing that already.

EDIT: Obligatory Tampa Joke: So The Trop is gonna sound louder than normal, then.

Edited by Raziel

Ok, now I can't the the vision of every team's sound guys running to the OS forums and pulling down all the Community Vault sound clips out of my head.

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 1

So the one instance we had before this to hear what a baseball game actually sounded like at the big league level was the empty yard O's - ChiSox game during the protests over Freddie Gray's murder. The announce team yakked all over that goddamn game instead of just sitting quiet for an inning or two and let the game speak for itself.

I figured we would never get that chance again, and now we have that very same opportunity, and the fucking league wants to pipe in audio? I love this game, but I hate this business bullshit.

Edited by grilledcheese

9 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

So the one instance we had before this to hear what a baseball game actually sounded like at the big league level was the empty yard O's - ChiSox game during the protests over Freddie Gray's murder. The announce team yakked all over that goddamn game instead of just sitting quiet for an inning or two and let the game speak for itself.

I don’t recall if that game is still viewable via the MLB.tv archive, but if it is, the natural park audio option is there for it.

But you’re right - Hawk Harrelson talked so much/loudly that you could hear him faintly in  the background of the Orioles telecast.

Edited by Hamhock