DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I haven't watched WWE in quite some time, are they doing the whole "we sort of forgot about the brand split" thing again? 

Nah, The Women's Tag Straps allow the multi brand thing... Sasha is technically a Raw star, and Bayley a Smackdown star.

While I like the idea behind the angle, and it works great as a heel thing, It does oversaturate the top half of the Womens Roster, and WWE is really bad about undercard fueds in general, and the Women in particular.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Insert Rocky Horror quote from Pulp Fiction?

Probably wrong island though

Got it.

Sent a couple cats over to his place. They took him out on his patio, threw his ass over the balcony. [EXPLETIVE DELETED] fell four stories. They had a little garden down at the bottom enclosed in glass like a greenhouse. [EXPLETIVE DELETED] fell through that.

Since then Fale kind of developed a speech impediment.

I've been waiting 25 years to work that in somewhere.

Yeah I really stepped on my dick with that one, as it frankly comes off as racist though I didn't mean that. My apologies. 

EDIT: Christ I keep re-reading that and it isn't even funny, I don't know what I was thinking. I was in the car on my phone and Pulp Fiction just came into my head. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 7/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I haven't watched WWE in quite some time, are they doing the whole "we sort of forgot about the brand split" thing again? 

EeMFXp5XoAIpm13?format=jpg&name=small

NXT Tag Team Champions can go on any brand. Sasha Banks and Bayley are both on the Smackdown roster. Think a rule was introduced that a few times a year, someone can appear on another brand.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jiji said:

Britt Baker is essentially doing a Karen gimmick and it is amazing. Finger on the pulse, bb.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:38 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I believe her and Bayley are both doing some variation of it.  Britt I feel is the better character and Bayley is the far better wrestler. 

On 7/29/2020 at 1:04 AM, Jiji said:

The conspiracy stuff for sure and that plays into the Karen thing at the same time in a way, haha.

• Haha 2

Oh, man, that tweet about Domino's is something else.  I have a lot to say about it but this is very much not the right place for that particular subject.  But that was some well-intentioned dumbassery on their part which they at least quickly rectified.  Thankfully that didn't happen here as I don't want to think about what would have happened.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

Impact is doing some sort of a Big Brother thing as well, aren't they? Only everyone's in character?

• Like 1

Just now, AxB said:

Impact is doing some sort of a Big Brother thing as well, aren't they? Only everyone's in character?

Yeah, and it's called Wrestle House.  It's wonderfully wacky with Dreamer as the host and a bunch of over-the-top people in there.  It made me immediately realize I'm getting back into Impact at the right time.

• Like 1