DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is Dick Slater on the left, correct? Considering he apparently whooped Bob Roop's ass in a shoot one time he wouldn't be my pick. 

That is Dan Fucking Severn. This would be post IWA Kawasaki Dream / KOTDM in 1995.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Foley, since he is a nice guy and would take it on you .

Don't think I would necessarily say that about Severn, Terry or Bam Bam. 

Problem is this is post airplane incident so Gordy isn't exactly in the best of shape physically and mentally.

I wouldn't fight Foley since he is a former amateur wrestler his damn self, and the motherfucker isn't scared to get literally blown up. If you don't give a fuck about your own physical well-being, I doubt you will care about mine.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Whoops I meant the right. OF COURSE that's Dan Severn on the left. 

Bam Bam was my second guess, especially as the Executioner they were probably all in the same company at that time.

It was the King of the Death Match tournament.  Foley, Funk, and Gordy all were in the tourney and Severn wrestled Tarzan Goto for the NWA title.

49 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

*slaps forehead* Goddammit. Makes perfect sense. Also, Foley never hit a bladejob in WWF that would make him wear a bandage like that. 

Hilarious that it’s universally expected that out of that crew, most would pick a fight with the King of the Deathmatches.

25 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

Hilarious that it’s universally expected that out of that crew, most would pick a fight with the King of the Deathmatches.

All I know is that I'd rather fight ten drunken headbutters than one naked brownie-eater.

...but I'm not sure how to apply that lesson to this group of men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

Harley Race looks like the battle-hardened version of Bob Ross here

1981-harley-race-2.jpg?w=392&h=507

Toughest oil painter on god's green earth

There is a UFC fighter named Luis Pena whose actual nickname is Violent Bob Ross. I like Luis, but I feel Harley Race personifies that very nickname.

• Like 3