DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

40 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Double booking Tom Zenk is a bold strategy, let's see how that plays out for them.

Well, he did get a win in the first one by pinning somebody who wasn't even in the match. Being that the card was in the Meadowlands, clearly Russo took the train over and got an idea for years later.

But, he was double-Dicked in the second match.

So, that didn't really help his stock.

You win and you lose. 

19 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

EcBuwXgXsAM8li7?format=jpg&name=small

19 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am blanking on who Mystery Partner could be here.

IIRC by the time the G.A.B. tour got out west and into my area (I actually went!) it was Ron Simmons.

it was also a regular 8 man tag by then, and Flair was off the heel team.

There must've been a lot of lineup shuffling on this tour.

Seeing the picture of Sting from the Great American Bash 1990, would it have really been that damaging or detrimental for Flair to lose in the center of the ring to the scorpion deathlock? That finish was probably never even proposed as Flair probably loved the reversal finish that much. The thing is Steamboat used the exact same small package reversal of the figure four to end Flair's previous reign. I mean the Dudes with Attitudes were already out there to prevent the other Horsemen from interfering. Obviously Sting's title reign was fucked before it even began but at least his first title win could have seemed more special had he beaten Flair with his signature move instead of the same reversal everybody else beat Flair with. 

Edited by FluffSnackwell
  • Like 1

ah, here's what it became by time it got around to me:

(as you can see, decidedly less impressive.  No Flair, no Arn, no Steiners, Mike Graham pulling double duty in the first three matches when he was a jobber at the time, Scott Hall in the main event just because he was a warm bodied heel, only 2 title bouts, one of which was the World Champ in the death spot before the main, woof.)

http://www.profightdb.com/cards/wcw/great-american-bash-tour-1991---day-17-19140.html

Edited by BobbyWhioux

On 7/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, DreamBroken said:

EcBuwXgXsAM8li7?format=jpg&name=small

The WXXA shout-out is weird. Were they really expecting people to come all the way down from Albany for this?

• Haha 1

1. You guys realize there's a fancam of that show right?

2. @Pete, as best as I can tell, they didn't run Albany or Rochester in 1991, so it's the only time they were up in the general regional area and probably made a wide swath. On the other hand, WCW was, by it's nature, incompetent, so who knows.