DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

6 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

The pronouns in this confused me.

Well, that's because it's terribly written. Four third-person pronouns in one sentence, alternating back and forth between two referents? 

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Happy Birthday Bret

EbxBuKeUMAArFHr?format=jpg&name=large

Man I know the one angle has a poster but a poster of this would have a prime spot on my wall. 

And for his birthday I'm watching his matches. There's a damn good reason we had a tribute thread for him that I wish was still open. 

• Thanks 1

In order:

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania 13.

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart, WrestleMania X.

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog, SummerSlam 1992.

I'd switch Bret Hart vs. Mr Preferct SummerSlam 1991 for the better King of the Ring 1993 match even though the former is more famous for Bret's first singles championship in the WWF. Similarly I'd do the same for Hart/Bulldog SummerSlam 1992 to the In Your House 5: Season's Beatings 1995 match.

Edited by The Natural

10 minutes ago, Morganti said:

That war games match looks like the most hilarious WAR combination of people ever

And probably reason #1064343554 why Flair was gone shortly thereafter.

Flair was fired July 1st. Kevin Sullivan replaced him in the match and took the fall from a Gigante claw. Scott Steiner was replaced by Tom Zenk.

Spoiler

WCW @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - July 3, 1991 (5,800)
The start of the Great American Bash Tour - included an announcement that Ric Flair had been stripped of the WCW World Title
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeated Dutch Mantell, Black Bart, & Deadeye Dick when Badstreet pinned Dick

Big Josh pinned Terrence Taylor

Dustin Rhodes defeated Richard Morton via disqualfiication when Mr. Hughes interfered

Tom Zenk defeated the Diamond Studd by pinning an interfering Diamond Dallas Page

PN News & Missy Hyatt defeated Arn Anderson & Paul E. Dangerously when Missy pinned Dangerously

WCW TV Champion Steve Austin fought Bobby Eaton to a 15-minute time-limit draw

Dick Murdoch & Dick Slater defeated Rick Steiner & Tom Zenk (sub. for Scott Steiner)

Sting, WCW US Champion Lex Luger, the Yellow Dog, & El Gigante defeated Barry Windham, Nikita Koloff, Kevin Sullivan, & the One Man Gang in Wargames when Sullivan submitted to Gigante's claw

18 minutes ago, Morganti said:

That war games match looks like the most hilarious WAR combination of people ever

There was an 8 man tag on WCW tv around that time (before Pillman lost the fall in the Loser Leave Town Match at the June Clash) with Flair, Windham, Koloff and OMG vs Sting, El Gigante, Pillman and Tommy Rich.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Flair was fired July 1st. Kevin Sullivan replaced him in the match and took the fall from a Gigante claw. Scott Steiner was replaced by Tom Zenk.

Since Flair and Kevin were friends on the booking committee, I would like to think Kevin (or Devil as Ric called him) gave him a heads up of what was on the GAB tour booking sheets and then eventually ended up taking the bullet for him.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

In order:

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania 13.

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart, WrestleMania X.

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog, SummerSlam 1992.

I'd switch Bret Hart vs. Mr Preferct SummerSlam 1991 for the better King of the Ring 1993 match even though the former is more famous for Bret's first singles championship in the WWF. Similarly I'd do the same for Hart/Bulldog SummerSlam 1992 to the In Your House 5: Season's Beatings 1995 match.

I'd take out vs Undertaker and replace it with the Piper match at Wrestlemania 8

22 minutes ago, Ace said:

Reveal hidden contents

WCW @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - July 3, 1991 (5,800)
The start of the Great American Bash Tour - included an announcement that Ric Flair had been stripped of the WCW World Title
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeated Dutch Mantell, Black Bart, & Deadeye Dick when Badstreet pinned Dick

Big Josh pinned Terrence Taylor

Dustin Rhodes defeated Richard Morton via disqualfiication when Mr. Hughes interfered

Tom Zenk defeated the Diamond Studd by pinning an interfering Diamond Dallas Page

PN News & Missy Hyatt defeated Arn Anderson & Paul E. Dangerously when Missy pinned Dangerously

WCW TV Champion Steve Austin fought Bobby Eaton to a 15-minute time-limit draw

Dick Murdoch & Dick Slater defeated Rick Steiner & Tom Zenk (sub. for Scott Steiner)

Sting, WCW US Champion Lex Luger, the Yellow Dog, & El Gigante defeated Barry Windham, Nikita Koloff, Kevin Sullivan, & the One Man Gang in Wargames when Sullivan submitted to Gigante's claw

Double booking Tom Zenk is a bold strategy, let's see how that plays out for them.

• Haha 4