DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

You have to love that Aja, who was such a monster, could cut someone off not just with a huge forearm or Vader Attack, but also like this. The onus was always on her opponent trying to fight back against her or keep her down or contained, and that opened her up to vulnerabilities and mistakes.

E8oOLN.gif

• Like 6

So the last match we posted last night was Teddy Boy vs Modesto Aledo. Aledo was Kamikaze I and we have basically no footage of him until now. He has the rep of being one of the best of the classic Spanish wrestlers. The match was pretty amazing and I would suggest people take the time to check it out ASAP. I am going to spoil a bunch of stuff with gifs over the next couple of days though I'll put the biggest spots behind a spoiler tag.

While Aledo was the guy we came in to watch, Teddy Boy really stood out. He had a leather jacket with his name on and was pure attitude. You get a bit of it here with the fake out and then the sheer jerk move on the break:

mO4ZQ0.gif

This was Aledo's response:

E8oR9k.gif

More early feeling out/finesse stuff. And yeah, more proof, not that we need it by this point, that Savage/Steamboat didn't revolutionize roll up exchanges or anything:

2xBk8v.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hell of a lot of work for an armbar:

vl42Bm.gif

That spot, and this one, however, are things we haven't seen in the French footage up to 58 at least (this match is us jumping forward to 60):

mO4Zp0.gif

Everything about this exchange is amazing, from how brutal the headlock pulls are, to the way Teddy Boy really has to pull him to get him to go off the ropes, to how he locks the headlock back in so smoothly, to the great escape into a pin:

xn4kEr.gif

• Like 7

So someone who was actually good at making viral gifs would just grab the through the legs-takedown. But dammit, I'm trying to give you guys a sense of this stuff. The whole reason that Aledo did what he did was because Teddy Boy did a shitface shin kick to off a clean rope break. So yeah, obviously Aledo's going to do everything in his power to clown him afterwards!

zvjmq8.gif

Little bit of extra oomph/desperation in this escape:

vl4gDV.gif

We see a lot of full nelsons (Double nelson as the french announcer calls it) in this footage and I'm always glad to see it because the escape attempts are almost always interesting. This was a good idea that really didn't work:

P7D1gz.gif

• Like 3

In this case, as Aledo couldn't get out of the full nelson, Teddy Boy uses it to get some revenge for that elaborate neckbreaker flip armdrag before:

zvjK6q.gif

This started as  great Aledo submission and then got 10 times better:

E8o9qW.gif

Here's where the match turns. Aledo hits three quick mares but then gets jammed on the first and Teddy Boy goes to the stomach. He'd stay on the midsection for a while afterwards, after a small bit of punctuation:

WLN7PE.gif

• Like 5

On 7/28/2020 at 6:13 PM, AxB said:

The double leg splitter is still seen today, but it's always done by the attacker putting their feet on the victim's inner calves. I've seen Zoe Lucas use it in Stardom.

I liked how Zoe did that in Stardom. The little hello hand wave right before slowly stretched her opponent's legs out was a nice asshole move.

23 hours ago, D.Z said:

SoreEnergeticIguanodon-size_restricted.g

So who is playing Gedo here? And when did this happen?

Ok, we're hitting the point of no return here. You guys had a couple of days to watch the match so I'm just going to spoil this. Teddy Boy took over and started to work over the midsection. Back, stomach, rib, including rib breakers. He starts to work Aledo back to the ropes and I thought he was just going to lock in a bear hug. Then this happens.

GvqvJQ.gif

Aledo makes it back in and tries to get back into the fight but...

MwzwPB.gif

Teddy Boy beats on him back in the ring after this including a double knee I'll grab later, and some good mid-section work I won't. But after a while....

YWPWw9.gif

I thought for a second the rule of 3 would come into play and he'd stop him and start his comeback but nope, that gut punch took him out again. 

This is 1960, guys. 1960.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For context, he posted the unmasked photo to talk about being a black man who doesn't feel safe living his life. He's from Minneapolis too.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:
So who is playing Gedo here? And when did this happen?

BJW years ago. I don't fully really remember when, but I will have to rewatch to figure out when that happened.

• Like 1

Heading towards the finish of Teddy Boy vs Aledo:

Here's that jumping knee I mentioned. It might be the best ever:

vl48KM.gif

Eventually Aledo does get a comeback flurry. Look at this fan and how happy she is:

ANkMjp.gif

More revenge spot. More happy fan:

YWP5pW.gif

• Like 4