DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Other things that never get old: Spinout fakeout takedowns:

NLmVEv.gif

This is after Lamban tried to choke and cheapshot LeDuc. I love his reaction:

XLzg7g.gif

Lots to see here in a few seconds. So Lamban is El Strangulador. His finish is the dragon sleeper. He can put it on a lot of different ways. LeDuc uses sort of a leaping reverse forearm to get out almost immediately, but look at how he sells it to put it over, even after a second or two of being in it.

4QolWx.gif

• Like 7

LeDuc was a technician but he could go hard and mean when prompted. 

Here Lamban goes really dirty to get out of a leg nelson:

81vk8o.gif

So LeDuc returns the favor by biting Lamban's ear:

p8vEw6.gif

Smaller thing here. I really like how Lamban tries to break free of the wristlock here, even if it doesn't work:

jZmxQW.gif

• Like 1

Here's Lamban finally getting the dragon sleeper in the second fall. You can see how he makes sure LeDuc stays in it. Really though, it's just more proof that this was a thing that existed in 1958.

k8ny3K.gif

He gets out only to end up into a full nelson that turns into a crucifix. This one has the amazing escape, and then how Lamban finally gets him. Lots in one gif:

WLyZDn.gif

I'll leave you with this great escape in the third fall. I love how hard Lamban is working to try to take him down to his knees, but LeDuc's just a step ahead of him, even as he's getting choked out:

5Qp65A.gif

Bonus gif. Some awesome comeuppance: 

81vk5W.gif

• Like 2

Second episode this week skips to 1960. They ran a Jr. Heavyweight tournament and we get one and a half of the semi finals.

The first is Janos Vadkerti vs Roland Daumal. Vadkerti is a Hungarian babyface. This is a cool dropkick but he took out the mic in his bump.

81vwEL.gif

Just an amazing running 'rana:

VAx8n5.gif

New submission alert!

K1jW9r.gif

• Like 5

This is one way to roll a guy around in a bodyscissors:

2xmnlM.gif

Also, I've never quite seen this reversal either:

81vwrj.gif

Speaking of reversals, here's one way to potentially either get out of the double leg nelson or break every bone in your upper body.

k8nJWJ.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

tumblr_pvyab6NQfq1s24yedo1_400.gifv

Arn didn't even try to get Sting off the top rope. He knew this was a life or death situation.

Damn, those are some loud hot pink (or fuchsia) boots.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

New submission alert!

K1jW9r.gif

That is a nifty submission though my first thought is something I'll need to put in spoiler tags.

If you don't watch where your head goes you might as well call this the "Ass to mouth"

Second thought was "Man, if somebody's know for eating chili I know the perfect counter for this.

Yeah, I don't feel good about that either.

There’s a reason that it didn’t make it into the present. It’s its own sort of mutilation.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That is a nifty submission though my first thought is something I'll need to put in spoiler tags.

• Like 1

The double leg splitter is still seen today, but it's always done by the attacker putting their feet on the victim's inner calves. I've seen Zoe Lucas use it in Stardom.

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

Second episode this week skips to 1960. They ran a Jr. Heavyweight tournament and we get one and a half of the semi finals.

The first is Janos Vadkerti vs Roland Daumal. Vadkerti is a Hungarian babyface. This is a cool dropkick but he took out the mic in his bump.

81vwEL.gif

Yeah yeah the submission is cool but this rules so much.

• Like 1

Here's something you have to understand about French Catch. Must like the classic UK style, a lot of momentum carrying involves catching a wrestler right as he gets back to his feet, as you can't attack him when he's down if it's not well-chained. Here's one way to break that:

91wRP4.gif

Speaking of chaining, everything about this is great:

k8n9Lr.gif

Remember that great running 'rana before? Well here's what happens when you get caught on it.

vlBKvL.gif

The other match on this video, Teddy Boy vs Modesto Aledo is absolutely amazing, but I want people to get to see the match before the gifs, so that's coming later this week.

• Like 1