DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, ohtani's jacket said:

@Matt D I'm glad you guys liked Noced so much. There's plenty more to come. 

We only tackled this one so soon because you were high on it. I'm a big proponent on us going chronologically through the footage but there are always exceptions.

Anyway, this is an incredible hope spot/cutoff:

71rrBj.gif

And here's where they pissed off the crowd to no end. I love the tap on the ref's shoulder after the missed tag. They didn't do this six times. They just did it once when it had the highest possible effect. They went right into the finish of the first fall afterwards with the heels going ahead:

BNJJGX.gif

Look at how pissed off this guy is:

P7ooqw.gif

• Like 2

Super hot tag here. 

GvOODK.gif

Prince wants back in too soon again though and pays for it:

1Wll2Z.gif

He ends up a bloody mess, but has an amazing final flurry:

91wwlJ.gif

This was one of the best matches we've seen, really marrying a strong narrative-driven southern tag format and the flourishes of the 70s French Jrs style. 

We cover it here:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/07/tuesday-is-french-catch-day-robin-royal.html

And the match is below. Everyone should drop everything and watch it. Seriously.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jiji said:

CTGoXQ.gif

Joe looks like he can really empathize with Necro Butcher after this. He did long term damage to his back and spine with this one, didn't he? So dumb.

What is the best case scenario for that bump?  Extreme pain?  Lightly injured?  Not crippled quite yet?

I remember I was at my uncle's house one summer, and the X-games right when people started doing motocross backflips.  My uncle's commentary was something like, "how do you even practice that?  If the first person didn't actually do it on his first try, would anyone have ever tried it again?  After the first guy did it and didn't die, everyone else just decided to try it for themselves?  What the hell is wrong with these people?"  Basically, if you do something and the two outcomes are complete and total success or debilitating injury, why the fuck are you even doing it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Natural said:

WCW Spring Stampede 1999. I bought the VHS release. You couldn't get WCW VHS/DVD like you could WWF and ECW.

This was one of the many tapes I stole from the Hollywood Video I worked at.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

What is the best case scenario for that bump?  Extreme pain?  Lightly injured?  Not crippled quite yet?

I remember I was at my uncle's house one summer, and the X-games right when people started doing motocross backflips.  My uncle's commentary was something like, "how do you even practice that?  If the first person didn't actually do it on his first try, would anyone have ever tried it again?  After the first guy did it and didn't die, everyone else just decided to try it for themselves?  What the hell is wrong with these people?"  Basically, if you do something and the two outcomes are complete and total success or debilitating injury, why the fuck are you even doing it?

AFAIK they tend to practice by jumping into water so if they fuck up landings it's just a splash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

AFAIK they tend to practice by jumping into water so if they fuck up landings it's just a splash.

Yeah, but you're still risking a motorcycle falling on your head from an absurd height.

Rolling into next week, our JIP match from 58 is Nikolai Zigulinoff vs Robert Gastel. Gastel is a blowhard heel. Zigulinoff, on the other hand, is a "Bulgarian shepherd" with wild hair. A real character.

Here's Gastel stepping on his hair and dropkicking him in the face.

q701YD.gif

Nasty shots from Gastel:

k8n1ZK.gif

And here's how Zigulinoff fires back. The crowd ate it up:

nxq1rP.gif

You can really see the variety from the other stuff we've been posting.

• Like 5