DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

This is probably the most traditional, straightforward power bomb we've seen in the 50s, and how Corn answers losing his first fall.

ROqw4w.gif

Great sequence here:

nxq8Mp.gif

Short leg scissors?

vlBDXn.gif

Bonus Neckbreaker (one of the earliest we've seen) in spoilers because I hit my one-post limit but wanted to finish the match:

zvJ922.gif

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
Wolfie D vs. Ox Harley round 1:

trZ3usN.gif

Wolfie D vs. Ox Harley round 2:

mmzJkzg.gif
Edited by Edwin

This must be where I heard the story (again, from Jamie Dundee) that Mad Man Pondo is one of these crazy deathmatch guys that will dive into barbed wire and shit, but wants nothing to do with an actual fistfight at all. I see him sort of hanging around but trying to stay out of the fight.

Ok I'm behind again. Second batch of videos are two really cool matches. Peruano vs Labat first. I can't halfass this because Peruano is the most dynamic guy in 50s Catch.

Look at this set up into a leglock. Look at how he has his hands behind his head. Couldn't you see heel Eddy doing that? Garza could do it tomorrow and it'd feel 100% perfect.

BNJ9DN.gif

Everything about this is great. The way he goes through the legs, the dropkick, the way he dances back so Labat can't get him.

OMn6WL.gif

Two things here. First, look at how he kicks out both arms to get the advantage. Then, we've seen him do that rope assisted headscissors before and Labat has him scouted and jams it. This stuff is not just rote and routine.

WLyo5v.gif

• Like 2

This is all amazing. My very favorite part of it is when he nods to the ref and smiles.

mOpXwp.gif

Last one here, just good, wholesome arm mauling:

lxo6OJ.gif

Here's the match too. The Tommy Mann match after it, I'll grab gifs from tomorrow. That was great for different reasons.

• Like 4

Last match from Tuesday was Tommy Mann vs Luc Straub. Mann's great in this, getting a ton of heat for doing very simple, very focused things.

Love this headscissors escape by Straub:

BNJp6Y.gif

Usually I only grab the point of the up and over, but you can really see the struggle inherent in these holds as well:

P7olQ4.gif

• Like 2

I was impressed by Trish when seeing her win the title (shown on the end of that BLM playlist)  She has great fire and it was so easy to root for her.  On top of that Lariat Tubman might be one of my favorite moves names in quite some time.

• Like 2

By the second fall, the crowd was furious at Mann. It was a combination of really two or three things within his wrestling. First and foremost, he was breaking the basic rules of French Catch: if you knock your opponent down and don't immediately chain a hold, you have to wait for the ref's count and for your opponent to get back up. Then, once he had the hold on, he was launching cheapshots and rabbit punches when the ref couldn't see. Add in the fact he was British and you had a hell of a combo. And that's all it took, just a sheer disregard of the fans and their rules and a certain inability from the ref to stop him and the newspapers flew into the ring:

lxoLml.gif

Then when Straub has a chance to fight back, Mann defers. Look at these people:

lxoLmJ.gif

This level of heat is amazing: after a shot from Straub, Mann tries to hide in the ropes only to have a guy in the front row totally clobber him. Just like a tag match, that lets Straub pull him out for a spinning toehold:

vlB5kg.gif

Seriously? How many times in all of our history of watching wrestling have we seen anything quite like this? Not many.

• Like 5

Some stuff to see here, including a great rabbit punch out of a sort of crucifix pin, and then the feet hammer escape:

oVrKzY.gif

More pure dickery from Mann. Look at how he lays that knee in and then just walks around:

yoG5N6.gif

Some comeback punches here. Straub is feeling it and fans are super into it:
JygApK.gif

• Like 3