DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Always thought that the Short-Arm Scissors should be a finish, personally.

He got off easy, a bicep slicer can tear the bicep off of the bone.  A broken forearm will heal in a month or two, a torn bicep can take 9 months to a year.  

• Like 2

Nice little recoil shutdown Everything Duranton does is standoffish and dickish:

lxox76.gif

The little crowd interaction of the shrug here is actually fairly unique for 1958 France:

nxqxOl.gif

I don't think I've ever seen this quite done this way. Poor ears:

r8x896.gif

• Like 2

Chaisne liked using these big knee lifts. This was some real comeuppance. I love the sledge too. So do the fans:

L7k7Wp.gif

Duranton was not as skilled at the actual wrestling as some of the other guys, but he had lots of little flourishes, like using the foot to assist the choke here:

ROqOjz.gif

Last one for this match: Lots to see here, from the initial camera angle, to the kicks to keep the hold, to the kick to escape it, to the haughty expression afterwards:

XLzLp8.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

0f375eaf9d5c302fe77d8d4256a25980a5d9033e

pQWeCsa.gif

Does everyone remember when everyone said that Brian Danielson was too small to be a main eventer?  Were people saying that about Piper and Steamboat, because they are about the same size.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

Right after this, the cameraman trips and Ricky gives him an awkward look.

Man, Starrcade 91 is just amazingly, spectacularly bad.

Someone needs to post GIFs of Buddy Lee Parker's five minute bear crawl from the back after getting attacked by Abdullah to the second ring where he proceeded to get pinned like a minute later. All I have in my head now is Conrad Thompson during the WHW episode saying, "It's that Power Plant "don't quit" in him."  

• Like 2

The crazy thing is that at the time, they totally could've done a great normal PPV. Off the top of my head...

Sting/Rude 

Luger/Hughes vs Steiners

Arn/Bobby vs Steamboat/Dustin

Liger showcase match

Austin TV title defence or tag match with Zbyzsko vs Simmons/Windham

Pillman LHW title defense 

(I wouldn't do Pillman vs Liger because they were doing that for the Christmas to New Years house shows.)

And round that out with a few matches with the rest of the roster and you have a better card than the Lethal Lottery lol

• Like 3

Ok, onto next week. JIP match is Guy Mercier (he of the greco roman throws) vs Sergio Reggiori, who had some mean shots. I know nothing about him. We get about 4 and a half minutes.

Look at the forearm that ends this:

oVrj8B.gif

Good brutal stuff: 

xnE283.gif

And it has to be because this is what he's up against:

91wDYB.gif

• Like 3

Silver King delivers a nasty and barely in control tombstone from the apron through a table on the floor on AAA La Parka from Rey de Reyes 2009. I've spoilered it because people have commented on not wanting to see Misawa head drops, so that applies here too.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1