DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Other show starts with the second Jo Labat vs Ami Sola match we have. Technician battle with some heat.

MwlD93.gif

We've been at this for months and months now but this is the first week where I really felt like I got it, where I really started to call spots before they happened. The ebb and the flow of the counters and escapes.

QnpJOY.gif

Sola goes to the forearms first and Labat is just aghast. They were having a technical match and this guy, pure babyface, is going to do this? Well, he's got the grand equalizer with that cravate shoulder blast of his. More of those to come.

2xm4gv.gif

• Like 2

Apparently the same guy who gave himself a piledriver when selling the pedigree.

He has a wikipedia article that details the pedigree incident, his appearing on day-time talk shows, having a brief run with ECW as the Ragin' Cajun, and even returning to WWE to do a few matches from '06-'08. Is Marty Garner the ultimate job man? 

Edited by Oyaji

So much to see here for a little gif. Labat fakes behind the head in order to get underneath the arm. Sola tries to go to the face to stop it. Then there's the flip and the hold:

L7k9Rp.gif

Here's Sola's attempt to get out and Labat hanging on:

6Xq8jL.gif

Great escape/trip/hold (never gets old):

ANGDg7.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Apparently the same guy who gave himself a piledriver when selling the pedigree.

He has a wikipedia article that details the pedigree incident, his appearing on day-time talk shows, having a brief run with ECW as the Ragin' Cajun, and even returning to WWE to do a few matches from '06-'08. Is Marty Garner the ultimate job man? 

He was the Ragin' Cajun??

He managed Rod Price vs Awesome and got power bombed through a table and elicited one of my favorite Gertner quotes (paraphrased) "Call his mom! Call his sister! Call his wife! Don't worry it won't take long, it's the same person!" 

Huge 1958 spot (they had both gone for a headscissors before this):

Mwl8lm.gif

It's becoming cliche, but this is one way to escape a hold/pin, yes:

oVr24Y.gif

You give Ami Sola just a bit of distance and he's going to running 'rana your head off.

GvO6qK.gif

• Like 3

The Double-Leg Nelson is the catch term for a Sunset Flip.

Anyway, Darby Allin: The Early Years:

• Haha 2

Back in the day when WCW Worldwide (UK edition) was commentated by Steven Regal and Gordon Solie, Solie called a guy doing a Sunset Flip, and Regal said "What are you talking about? That's a Double Leg Nelson!".

• Like 2

Labat apparently could use his shoulder like (what's better than Triple H and his knee?)

nxqrn7.gif

Ok, after this I'll stop posting them; at least this one has some uppercuts too:

q70Ywp.gif

Last match for this week is Robert Duranton vs Michel Chaisne. Duranton was a smarmy jerk who got a ton of heat. 

You can see the strings on this one a little more than usual, but I like how Chaisne ends up just wrenching Duranton's head around to make the hold work:

D1L9pK.gif

• Like 1

Always thought that the Short-Arm Scissors should be a finish, personally.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1