Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

I’ve sad it before and I’ll say it again Woke Randy Orton surprising but welcomed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasnt that Chasyn Rance guy training Bayley's biggest fan Izzy or am I thinking of another sex offender trainer. I know there was something about her training with some guy on a registry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cageside Seats says she was initially training with him, but it didn’t last long and eventually She moved to Pro Wrestling 2.0 in Winter Park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 9:59 PM, RolandTHTG said:

he had cool m0vez, he beat up Bradshaw in an airport, he was fun to play as on the PS games, and Head Cheese. 

Lot of wins there.

Not to mention his run as Hardcore champ was a hell of a lot of fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

That would be a cute-fun list: Top 10 WWF Hardcore Champions? 

I'll take a crack at it, because fuck this job:

1) Crash Holly

2) Steve Blackman

3) Raven

4) Mankind

5) Road Dogg

6) Bob Holly

7) Al Snow

8- RVD

9) Jeff Hardy

10) Tommy Dreamer

 

 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Drop Dreamer, move everyone down a spot, and add Bossman at 3...
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'll take a crack at it, because fuck this job:

1) Crash Holly

2) Steve Blackman

3) Raven

4) Mankind

5) Road Dogg

6) Bob Holly

7) Al Snow

8- RVD

9) Jeff Hardy

10) Tommy Dreamer

 

 

I'd sub Road Dogg with Bossman but I think that's probably the list. You might switch the numbers around (not Crash though, he's #1) but those are the guys on the list.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

I'd sub Road Dogg with Bossman but I think that's probably the list. You might switch the numbers around (not Crash though, he's #1) but those are the guys on the list.

Honestly, Road Dogg is exactly where he should be.  I went through those RAWs and Road Dogg hardcore matches are WAY better than they had any right to be.  I'd take Mankind off, I don't think he was champ more than three weeks and he never regained it.  I'd put Dogg at 4 or 5 and move Bossman somewhere on there just for taking that sugar pitcher shot that still fucked his face up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

I'd sub Road Dogg with Bossman but I think that's probably the list. You might switch the numbers around (not Crash though, he's #1) but those are the guys on the list.

This was totally one of those "Use the edit function directly after clicking post" posts. No idea how I spaced on Bossman. 

Great story on Bossman that I never get to tell: I met him at a signing when I was about 11 years old, and he held up the entire line for what seemed like an eternity because he decided I didn't look mean enough smiling in the first poloroid, and insisted- INSISTED- upon a second. Bossman would simply not take no for an answer, not from me, my parents, even from the people running the thing. Definitely my favorite childhood wrestling memory, and the reason why he was one of very few WWF heels I rooted for. (Jimmy Snuka calling my house is, uh, a little tainted now).

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

  

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Kelly Klein is signal boosting Taeler Hendrix

I mean... who comes up with this terminology? Devs?

Also, everyone's top 9 hardcore champs is gonna be subjective but it's a given everyone would put Crash in at #1 right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Mike Awesome's hardcore title reign only because he won it by giving Rhyno a pretty gross powerbomb on a ladder backstage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

(Jimmy Snuka calling my house is, uh, a little tainted now).

Did you understand what he was saying? Jimmy strikes me as someone who'd be hard to converse with over a landline.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick thought about stuff related to Zedd Ess Jay and not talking about stuff with the #SpeakingOut. He's British and they have very strong defamation laws, so he would probably have to tread carefully with what he said about someone personally. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I liked Mike Awesome's hardcore title reign only because he won it by giving Rhyno a pretty gross powerbomb on a ladder backstage.

I was at MSG that night!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

  

I mean... who comes up with this terminology? Devs?

It's pretty common slang from the social media world. Personally, I blame YOU the viewer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because it will eventually become a point of conversation (thread)

For those not wanting to go through the whole thread

The PWI 500 will be gender-inclusive (ie: Men and Women will be listed together)

However it comes with a big caveat is that if you work only exclusively (or almost exclusively) in a women's division/promotion you are not eligible. (They are still gonna do a Women's 100). 

Anyhoo - I eagerly await the first dude who tries to get heat (or is shoot mad) about being ranked behind a woman

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Did you understand what he was saying? Jimmy strikes me as someone who'd be hard to converse with over a landline.

It was about 1 AM at a school nightand I was super young, it was probably '95 or '96. My mom's "new special friend"/my future stepdad worked at a bar, and I guess Snuka stopped in for a pop after an indy show. I was woken from a dead sleep to my mom telling me Jimmy Snuka is on the phone. I was so weirded out by the whole thing, I couldn't even muster anything past "What's up man?" He responded, equally disoriented: "Remember kid, there's only one Superfly." Click. He was gone.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just because it will eventually become a point of conversation (thread)

For those not wanting to go through the whole thread

The PWI 500 will be gender-inclusive (ie: Men and Women will be listed together)

However it comes with a big caveat is that if you work only exclusively (or almost exclusively) in a women's division/promotion you are not eligible. (They are still gonna do a Women's 100). 

Anyhoo - I eagerly await the first dude who tries to get heat (or is shoot mad) about being ranked behind a woman

So, the only women eligible are some indy workers, AAA, BritWres, and Tessa.  That should be fun when that list is released. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...